Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is phone support gone? [for tesla project advisors]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today when I tried to call Tesla I got a recording that instructed me to go to the website for chat because phone support isn't available anymore. This even happened when entered my original project advisor's phone extension.

Say what now? Is there no longer a number I can call to reach someone?

I also hate how Tesla communicates with customers. There used to be a name and contact info when I received emails. Now I get anonymous emails from "project advisor" with no name or phone number, so I never know who my emails are going to or where they are coming from.

This experience with Tesla goes in one direction - worse and worse and worse. They're doing a damn good job of ensuring I will never buy another Tesla product again. But I guess it's no surprise considering the man child who is running this company. UGH!

Reactions: kavyboy
Most regulars here are "Post PTO" which means we are dealing with Tesla Energy support, not project advisors. I have no idea on the state of project advisors within tesla, but it would not surprise me if tesla was pushing all pre pto questions to a chat queue or something.

Today when I tried to call Tesla I got a recording that instructed me to go to the website for chat because phone support isn't available anymore. This even happened when entered my original project advisor's phone extension.

Say what now? Is there no longer a number I can call to reach someone?

I also hate how Tesla communicates with customers. There used to be a name and contact info when I received emails. Now I get anonymous emails from "project advisor" with no name or phone number, so I never know who my emails are going to or where they are coming from.

This experience with Tesla goes in one direction - worse and worse and worse. They're doing a damn good job of ensuring I will never buy another Tesla product again. But I guess it's no surprise considering the man child who is running this company. UGH!
Try chat support.

I have a question about a $99 Tesla charge on my credit card. I tried calling that number; it led to a voice menu, with no choices relevant to my question. I tried pressing 0 and # to no avail--after a couple of attempts, the robot said "Goodbye" and hung up on me.
Check your Tesla account and see if it shows any upgrades or purchases, for example, an annual Premium Connectivity subscription.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Check your Tesla account and see if it shows any upgrades or purchases, for example, an annual Premium Connectivity subscription.

Thats a good guess. @LarryFromOR only other post is on the topic of EV rebates in Oregon, so there is a strong possibility they also have a tesla EV. $99 is the amount for yearly premium connectivity.

I think it also used to be the amount (a long time ago) to get started with an order for tesla energy, but that amount has likely changed.