TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is PPF Really worth it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AuthenticBrad, Jan 8, 2020.

1. AuthenticBrad

AuthenticBrad Local Vendor - Texas

After installing PPF on over 1500 cars and working with many types of customers - we compiled our thoughts on PPF and its value.

This is a great resource to decide if PPF is worth it for your Tesla.

Hope this is helpful to anyone considering PPF.

Is paint protection film worth it? | Authentic Details Austin

Attached Files:

2. mdelvin

mdelvin Member

To me, having a partial coverage is worth the cost.

3. timk225

timk225 Active Member

Allow me to summarize the article.

"Is PPF worth it?"

Absolutely! It is worth every penny and then some!*

*= Please note, this article was written by the people selling the PPF!

• Funny x 3
  4. linux-works

linux-works Active Member

not addressed: what does this do, in terms of future body work or paint work needed? if I have a collision, will it cost more if I have ppf applied? will I get the cost of the ppf back or my choice of re-apply (by insurance)?

if you have to blend, do you have to remove the whole panel's ppf? what if that does more damage?

I don't have ppf, I might consider it, but it does seem to be an extra 'curve' for when you need to have an accident/insurance claim.

can anyone comment on that aspect? it looks great when its there, but how's life when you need major work done on an insurance claim?

5. Buddy

Buddy Member

Why not just save the money for touch up paint and a detailer every few years?

6. AuthenticBrad

7. AuthenticBrad

This is definitely the route we recommend to some people. To many people, rock chips are just normal wear and tear. To others, a rock chip is horrendous and they cannot stand even the slightest defect to their beloved car.

It's important for anyone who is considering PPF to determine where you fit because PPF isn't cheap by any means and that money can often go to many other areas of life.

8. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

With Tesla soft paint that's simply not in the cards for anyone that cares what their paint looks like. A few days after getting PPF something hit the front bumper and left a mark in the film. Without the film it's crazy how beat up paint gets from road debris. Massive paint chips and scratches will require a re-spray.

Do a search on here and you'll find photos of cars without film affected by road debris and the terrible paint damage sustained - especially on the rocker "hips" behind the rear doors and front bumper. When I purchase any new car it's getting PPF immediately. At delivery I utilized PTP system when transported to the PPF installer the day after purchase.