Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Scheduled Charging maintained if Model S remains plugged in greater than 24 hrs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MCU1 85D with 2021.24.25.1 software plugged in to Gen 1 wall charger.

Haven't found a recent answer in my searching and haven't had the car plugged in "long-term" post-battery/chargegate...

Will be traveling at the end of the year for two weeks. Currently seeing 3-5% daily vampire drain. Plan is to leave the Model S plugged in with 50% SoC limit. We have scheduled charging enabled for our "completely free nights, expensive days" electric plan.

If the Model S remains continuously plugged in for the two weeks, will the software stick to the scheduled charging time (i.e. once it decides there has been enough vampire drain to warrant charging, it will wait until the scheduled time), or after the initial scheduled charging, will it charge whenever until the vehicle has been unplugged/replugged?

My own experience is that at the scheduled time each day, it will charge up to the charge limit. It waits until the next scheduled time to begin again after it reaches the limit. Opening a door, it still comes on at a low amperage to run the interior electronics, but it doesn't charge the main battery. I also have the ability to check the charging each day, and start it remotely thru the phone app (and just recently adjust the schedule). You may not have this added ability on your car in case the scheduled charging doesn't work. Recent updates may have changed the way scheduled charging works on your car as I know Tesla has been fooling with this programming on the recent models. Try testing it out if you can.