TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is Seeking Alpha out of control with anti-Tesla themes?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by LBusDoor90, Aug 2, 2016.

1. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

Either shorters are the largest investment group to dangle clickbait for or something is truly slanted at Seeking Alpha (perhaps due to the known, concerted anti-EV effort being funded by the Koch bros?).

Am I the only one that thinks the timing and tenuous connection to reality of this latest effort (and many other recent ones) there is a joke?:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3994474-social-data-sours-tesla

Pardon me if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

2. electracity

electracity Active Member

The SA Tesla posters are fun. A few used to make some valid criticisms of Tesla. But now they are just mad.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Many of the SA Tesla posters are pissed off because TSLA hasn't crashed and burned as they are hoping it will so they can make a profit on their short bets. Life is tough...

4. commasign

commasign Active Member

If positive honest news generated clicks (money) they'd write and post those instead. ;)

• Like x 2
  5. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

In 2020 SA posters will be writing angry posts about how Tesla only managed 1.4 million deliveries instead of the 1.5 million that was promised, and thus the end is near.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 5
    • Dislike x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. tander

tander Member

Their problem is they are trying to get authors to always make "actionable" claims in their articles, because it gets clicks and sounds important. But the truth is most authors don't have the training/understanding/data/work ethic to competently give "actionable" advice positive or negative, so they end up making actionable claims without the actual info or record to back it up, and they skip doing balanced analysis so they inevitably go towards negative to get attention. That's why you get some authors that are consistently wrong, but very confident sounding about it. I counted one time I think it was John Peterson or Santos, they had like 50+ negative articles which were overwhelmingly wrong in hindsight, and yet they keep writing like they are experts on the subject. If you say it's gonna rain every day in the desert, you'll probably still be right once or twice a year, which is enough for some people.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Ended up watching The Big Short yesterday, so not surprised.

8. Drivin

Drivin Member

You mean Tesla may one day be treated like every other company that misses their forecast?

• Dislike x 5
  9. 3Victoria

3Victoria Member

We did, too, very depressing ... everyone one was making money, so they didn't care that others were getting hurt.

10. Odebek

Odebek Don't Panic

Shooters are trying to manipulate to avoid an imminent short squeeze if news is positive tomorrow.

11. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

I am convinced that SA is 'institutionally' negative Tesla. The negative slant is aided and abutted by the SA owners and editors themselves.

Case in point: Montana Skeptic writes a whole article about a red M3 prototype in the Gigafactory not having a battery and is made of plastic exterior, and he shows a picture of the empty underbelly that he claimed that he got through his own sources - conclusion, the whole GF is a scam. While this in itself is silly and should not have been published (what is the big deal of a prototype not having a battery or is made of clay or plastic?), he also made a claim that Electrek failed to mention the absence of battery, or the plastic exterior in their live blog .

Turns out that picture with an empty underside, was actually Electrek's photo which you can see it in their website. Electrek even mentioned that the skin is plastic in their blog updates long before this SA hit piece was published.

Ideally there should have been an apology and Electrek's editor demanded that SA take down that picture. SA editors not only refused, but were supporting Montana Skeptic and making derogatory comments against Electrek.

• Like x 1
  12. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

This. Their job is to generate page views so they can get a pay check. Tesla provides plenty to write about that you can spin negative or positive.

• Like x 1
  13. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

I've already demanded that Seeking Alpha remove "Montana Skeptic" for verifiably false claims of fact, which I proved with citations. They won't. A libel lawsuit against SA will probably be successful one of these days because of their behavior.

14. oneday

oneday Member

I can understand the authors at SA writing all the click bait nonsense articles, they get paid per page view. The more controversial the article the more reads.

What really perplexes me is the 100s of lemmings that spew the same nonsense over and over in the comments. Who are these people? I really have to think they are paid FUDsters. Nothing else makes sense. Why would someone subject themselves to such utter nonsense and negativity unless they were paid?

15. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

Telsa is forecasting to be a 1 Trillion dollar company.... :D

• Like x 1
  16. kenliles

kenliles Active Member

OP?
    is-seeking-alpha-out-of-control-with-anti-tesla-themes?

No.
    sa-in-full-control-of-anti-tesla-themes

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

I think Seeking Alpha has traditionally been largely negative about Tesla (with many TSLA shorters writing articles). There's also some people that are long TSLA writing articles, but not really as many. Negative articles tend to bring more attention than positive ones. Some of this may be natural human psychology.
    Why We Love Bad News More Than Good News

18. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Click bait.

19. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

I simply put SA on my ignore list.

• Dislike x 1
  20. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Member

Seeking Alpha occasionally have knowledgeable posters, the Tesla posters are not among them, but the same can be said about NYT, just ignore the media Tesla bashing, they're paid to do it