Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is "Servotronic" steering possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just put down my deposit for my MS85. Im trading in my porsche panamera. One feature the Panamera has on it that I would like to see on the MS is this servotronic option. As I understand it, it changes the steering stiffness at different speed. So at low speed, its at comfort, and highway speeds its at sport. The sport mode while at highway speeds makes the car feel more stable. At low speeds in parking lots and tight turns, the steering is free and easy. Since on the MS you can easily toggle between 3 steering settings, it would stand to reason that a very simple software update could add this feature to the MS. Anyone have thoughts on this? Can we send this simple suggestion to tesla, or is it already possible or in the works?

Porsche Technology Glossary

I am sure in theory it would be possible to program the car to switch, the only aspect that I think you may be missing is the variable ratio steering. The variable ratio I assume would not be programmable. Variable ratio means on the highway it takes more movement to do the same work as in a parking lot going slowly.

I personally hate variable ratio steering. Maybe I'm old school in that fashion... I want my set teeing ratio the same at all speeds...

If tesla adds this I would highly recommend it be a factory option or toggle on/off if possible.