Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Slacker down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has happened before this slacker purchase too from my online searches and it also happened to my S. It's been two weeks! I've tried calling Tesla support. No help. requested an appointment and assigned 3 weeks from now. I hope I go home today and it's resolved.

Check out my thread here about how the included Tesla Slacker account expires after one yet. See the responses I got from Tesla support. I wonder if this could be your issue?

Slacker Invalid Tesla Credentials

From Tesla Support:
"Hello Robby,

Thank you for contacting us with your question about accessing Slacker Radio. Your Model 3 did include a complimentary 1 year subscription to Slacker Radio with the purchase. The complimentary subscription has ended though, as the 1 year has passed. You can still continue to enjoy listening to Slacker Radio by signing up for a plus or premium Slacker account and then using your credentials to log in to that account from the car.

Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy."
tesla-slacker.jpg

Follow up question to support

I just sent a follow-up because I have premium connectivity for life... here is the response.

"Hi Robby,

Thank you for following up with me on this request. Premium connectivity includes the access to in-car streaming music like Slacker but it does not include the subscription. With an eligible Slacker account, you can log in directly through the touchscreen on the car when you have the premium connectivity as opposed to the standard connectivity where, with the same eligible Slacker account, you would not be able to log in and listen through the car, you would pair your phone to your car and listen through the phone, using its data allowance.

Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy.

Sincerely,

Tom B. | Tesla Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd. Draper, UT 84020
www.tesla.com/support"

I guess the moral of the story is that if your included slacker account currently works, DON'T LOG OUT of it.

Picked up my car August 26'th 2018.