Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Slacker getting worse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a premium Spotify account so I have been continuing to use Slacker for streaming, with the default Tesla account. The voice control of song requests that disappeared with version 10 seems to be back, so that's good, but it seems like the song selection has degraded significantly.

I used to be able to play about 80-90% of what I requested, but recently it's been way below 50%. On the way home I requested 5 different songs and I got 1 of them. Even songs that I know I have played before, but not recently so there wouldn't be any kind of block on them. Has this been happening for any of you?

I don't have any idea if Slacker has just been losing some of their catalog, or if Tesla's deal with them has changed in some way, or the Slacker software has changed, or what.

I've definitely noticed a change, even with channels and songs I've "saved". No ads, so it can't be the free version, but I've also noticed problems with things like podcasts that won't load, or other things that are just plain "buggy." In the grand scheme of things, it's really a first world problem, but it is frustrating all the same.

If it's at all related, I have the free connectivity for life.