Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is summon a standard feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the EAP trial too and now my autopilot isn't workint at all.

I've tried adjusting loads of settingsz resetting the car, even subscribed to premium connectivity but ever time it just gives an error with no explanation why. The manual does not give any clues either.

Anyone got any ideas? Unfortunately I have to drive out of town in about half an hour..

I got the EAP trial too and now my autopilot isn't workint at all.

I've tried adjusting loads of settingsz resetting the car, even subscribed to premium connectivity but ever time it just gives an error with no explanation why. The manual does not give any clues either.

Anyone got any ideas? Unfortunately I have to drive out of town in about half an hour..
If AP is not working and you've tried reboot try powering off
Stay in the car power off wait 10 minutes and press brake to turn back on
It may also come back if you let the car sleep over night
If that doesn't work call the 0800 roadside support number, there is an option for none emergency support
if your calling in the weekend, don't choose the option to be put though to the local service centre, it's shut weekends

Last edited:
Hi .. Just got my Model 3 RWD 3 days ago .. so pardon my question.

I am reading conflicting messages about whether or not Summons is standard.
My garage is tight when I reverse park to be able to charge with the mobile connector.

Note I am talking about the standard summon ( which I thought to be standard ), NOT smart summon ( which I thought to be extra and part of ENHANCED autopilot ).

According to this link : Tesla Vision Update: Replacing Ultrasonic Sensors with Tesla Vision | Tesla Support Australia :

Along with the removal of USS, we have simultaneously launched our vision-based occupancy network – currently used in Full Self-Driving (FSD) Beta – to replace the inputs generated by USS. With today’s software, this approach gives Autopilot high-definition spatial positioning, longer range visibility and ability to identify and differentiate between objects. As with many Tesla features, our occupancy network will continue to improve rapidly over time.
For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:

• Park Assist: alerts you of surrounding objects when the vehicle is traveling <8 km/h.
  • Autopark: automatically maneuvers into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.
  • Summon: manually moves your vehicle forward or in reverse via the Tesla app.
  • Smart Summon: navigates your vehicle to your location or location of your choice via the Tesla app.

... so it appears that anyone with vision-only Tesla will NOT have either summon nor smart summon.

But I read the above AFTER I asked the question to Tesla support and got the answer and they said ( standard ) summon is extra and part of enhanced autopilot.

Can anyone else with vision-only Tesla Model3s confirm the above ?

Summon and smart summon are both included with Full Self Drive or Enhanced Autopilot
Autopilot does not have any form of summon
All cars are vision only if you've updated the software
Vision is no longer using radar

If you have a newer car that doesn't have ultra sonic sensors
and if you have FSD or EAP, auto park, summon ,smart summon, park assist
won't work until Tesla get these functions to work with vision.
If your car has USS and your have FSD or EAP these features will still work