Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Summon Australia Disconnected?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past 24 hours my summons feature has been unable to connect to the vehicle. Is it just me?

Seems like Summons Australia is having more problems than Telstra. With Telstra we got a couple of days of free data. I reckon with Tesla we should get a couple of days of key activated Summons... That'll teach'm...

The only "problem" I have with Summon is that when I want my car to stop moving forward, I life my thumb off the "Forward" button in the mobile app and the car stops moving forward...which is all good so far...but then I receive a notification on my phone that "Summon Aborted" as if an error occurred. Obviously this is a first-world "problem" - not really a problem at all - but I would prefer not to receive an "abort" notification when, as I believe, I am using Summon properly. I guess this is just a symptom of using the mobile app for summon instead of the fob but I think it needs a little bit of tidying up. :)

You can turn the notification off in the app! ''twas the first thing I did...

That's a good idea! I just did that. However I noticed the options are for "Summon Started", "Summon Completed" and "Summon Failed" and I'm guessing that the message "Summon Aborted" is related to the last one. I still think they need to tidy this up because, using the mobile app, it doesn't seem possible to "complete" a summon operation, only to "abort" one.

That's a good idea! I just did that. However I noticed the options are for "Summon Started", "Summon Completed" and "Summon Failed" and I'm guessing that the message "Summon Aborted" is related to the last one. I still think they need to tidy this up because, using the mobile app, it doesn't seem possible to "complete" a summon operation, only to "abort" one.

I've been able to successfully complete a Summon with the mobile app.

What you need to do is wait for the car to approach the wall or barrier in the front/back of the vehicle. It will slow down and then stop the set distance from the object defined in the settings page of the car. All the while you must keep holding down forwards/backwards even after the car has stopped. After a few seconds, the car will put itself into park and the door handles will come down and then the mobile app screen will go back to displaying the forwards and backwards buttons instead of "summon aborting".

I've been able to successfully complete a Summon with the mobile app.

What you need to do is wait for the car to approach the wall or barrier in the front/back of the vehicle. It will slow down and then stop the set distance from the object defined in the settings page of the car. All the while you must keep holding down forwards/backwards even after the car has stopped. After a few seconds, the car will put itself into park and the door handles will come down and then the mobile app screen will go back to displaying the forwards and backwards buttons instead of "summon aborting".

Ah, got it. That all makes sense, though I only rarely use summon to "dispatch" my car to a parking space and, instead, I mostly use summon to "summon" my car out of a parking space and at those times I don't want it to go all the way to the wall in front of it; I just want it forward enough so that I can climb in and drive off.

Reactions: Astroboy747