TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is Suntek PPF just as good as XPel?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DCEV, Jul 26, 2019.

1. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Especially if it turned out that the installer didn't really install the product you were paying for.

• Like x 1
  2. SunTek

SunTek Vendor

Unfortunately that can happen, if someone has sold you "SunTek" and it is not we would look into that for you also.

3. DCEV

DCEV Member

Is American Shine an authorized SunTek installer?

Anyone have any personal experience with them?

So is the consensus that SunTek and XPel are more or less the same and what matters is that the installation is done properly?

4. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson Member

I think that’s probably true

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

That's my opinion. Once in a while you'll find that one product is slightly ahead of the other, but installation is key.

• Like x 1
  6. SunTek

SunTek Vendor

Head to this link on our site, plug in your zip code, and see if American Shine shows up. If so that means they buy direct from us. For installation quality I would ask at their shop to see if there are any cars on site with PPF, look for alignment, contamination, overall see if it is the quality of installation you would like to see on your vehicle.

Please send us a message if there is anything we can do to help you out in this process.

7. DCEV

DCEV Member

They have your logo on your Web site but they don;t come up as an authorized seller on your Web site. Is American Shine authorized to install and warranty your product?

Do you have any videos of your product's scratch resistance and self healing properties?

8. SunTek

SunTek Vendor

This is a video we made years ago on our self-healing, this is our PPF C product but the same technology for PPF Ultra. PPF Ultra has added HydroResist technology and a 10 year warranty.

Sending you a message about dealers in the area

9. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

While we can't speak to the film being more or less the same, we can stress that finding an installer that you're comfortable with is extremely important. It may help to go to more than one shop in person that way you can gauge their workmanship and customer support quality. Be sure to always ask for wrapped edges where possible.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. jebinc

jebinc M3 LR AWD w/FSD and white premium interior

3M PPF here as I never had any issues with it over the years. Not saying the other brands are worse or better, just that for the last 15+ years I never had an issue with 3M PPF or tint films, so why change? YMMV.

11. Simon21

Simon21 Member

I think wrapped edges are better too. I didn't think it would make such a difference. I felt it was even a little easier to install too

• Like x 2
  12. DCEV

DCEV Member

I use a pressure washer (widest angle nozzle and about 4 feet away, so as safely as possible) so I feel wrapped edges are especially important for when I look to have the car wrapped.

• Like x 3
  13. ffhuang

ffhuang Member

I don’t know about how suntek deals with installers and warranties but XPEL will back you up even if an installer messes up. Knowing they will help you out even when you think you got it bad, XPEL will do the best they can to make sure your satisfied. I had an bad experience and XPEL made it better than it was in my mind. Last week someone had issues with PPF install and XPEL sent their best installer to fix it. I haven’t heard suntek do anything similar but when a company has your back, that’s the company you should go with! I stand by XPEL due to customer service!

• Like x 2
  14. ffhuang

ffhuang Member

I want to correct my statement as I have mixed up 2 different situations but regardless, it shows XPEL stands by their product. PPF Installation Recourse Help
    XPEL warrantied for the labor and work of this when the installer wasn't helping out in any way.
    Tint problem and seeking advises
    This guy had a problem with a installer with his tint, and XPEL sent their best tinter to help him out.

All I want to add is that, you can't get better service than this. You never know what an installer will do after they installed it. But if XPEL is able to step in and help you, you have one less thing to worry about!

15. DCEV

DCEV Member

@SunTek do you offer similar level of service? I'm asking because the installer I'm considering uses your product...