Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Suntek PPF just as good as XPel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our PPF C (5 year warranty) and PPF Ultra (10 year warranty) are both self-healingl, Ultra has increased longevity with HydroResist technology, but we've been making self-healing PPF for over 8 years.

If anyone has a situation with our PPF where you do not think the self-healing is occurring please reach out to the dealer, or to us directly on here and we would be glad to look into this for you.

Especially if it turned out that the installer didn't really install the product you were paying for.

Reactions: SunTek
Unfortunately that can happen, if someone has sold you "SunTek" and it is not we would look into that for you also.

Is American Shine an authorized SunTek installer?

Anyone have any personal experience with them?

So is the consensus that SunTek and XPel are more or less the same and what matters is that the installation is done properly?

So is the consensus that SunTek and XPel are more or less the same and what matters is that the installation is done properly?
That's my opinion. Once in a while you'll find that one product is slightly ahead of the other, but installation is key.

Reactions: SunTek

Head to this link on our site, plug in your zip code, and see if American Shine shows up. If so that means they buy direct from us. For installation quality I would ask at their shop to see if there are any cars on site with PPF, look for alignment, contamination, overall see if it is the quality of installation you would like to see on your vehicle.

Please send us a message if there is anything we can do to help you out in this process.

Head to this link on our site, plug in your zip code, and see if American Shine shows up. If so that means they buy direct from us. For installation quality I would ask at their shop to see if there are any cars on site with PPF, look for alignment, contamination, overall see if it is the quality of installation you would like to see on your vehicle.

Please send us a message if there is anything we can do to help you out in this process.

They have your logo on your Web site but they don;t come up as an authorized seller on your Web site. Is American Shine authorized to install and warranty your product?

Do you have any videos of your product's scratch resistance and self healing properties?

They have your logo on your Web site but they don;t come up as an authorized seller on your Web site. Is American Shine authorized to install and warranty your product?

Do you have any videos of your product's scratch resistance and self healing properties?

This is a video we made years ago on our self-healing, this is our PPF C product but the same technology for PPF Ultra. PPF Ultra has added HydroResist technology and a 10 year warranty.

Sending you a message about dealers in the area

Reactions: voltage

So is the consensus that SunTek and XPEL are more or less the same and what matters is that the installation is done properly?

While we can't speak to the film being more or less the same, we can stress that finding an installer that you're comfortable with is extremely important. It may help to go to more than one shop in person that way you can gauge their workmanship and customer support quality. Be sure to always ask for wrapped edges where possible.

I'm getting closer to having at least the front end of my car wrapped and wanted to see what the consensus was for Model S PPF wraps. I found an installer for both XPel as well as Suntek PPF and wanted to see if one type of film was better than the other type or if they are both essentially the same.

Thanks for any info!

3M PPF here as I never had any issues with it over the years. Not saying the other brands are worse or better, just that for the last 15+ years I never had an issue with 3M PPF or tint films, so why change? YMMV.

While we can't speak to the film being more or less the same, we can stress that finding an installer that you're comfortable with is extremely important. It may help to go to more than one shop in person that way you can gauge their workmanship and customer support quality. Be sure to always ask for wrapped edges where possible.

I think wrapped edges are better too. I didn't think it would make such a difference. I felt it was even a little easier to install too

I don’t know about how suntek deals with installers and warranties but XPEL will back you up even if an installer messes up. Knowing they will help you out even when you think you got it bad, XPEL will do the best they can to make sure your satisfied. I had an bad experience and XPEL made it better than it was in my mind. Last week someone had issues with PPF install and XPEL sent their best installer to fix it. I haven’t heard suntek do anything similar but when a company has your back, that’s the company you should go with! I stand by XPEL due to customer service!

I don’t know about how suntek deals with installers and warranties but XPEL will back you up even if an installer messes up. Knowing they will help you out even when you think you got it bad, XPEL will do the best they can to make sure your satisfied. I had an bad experience and XPEL made it better than it was in my mind. Last week someone had issues with PPF install and XPEL sent their best installer to fix it. I haven’t heard suntek do anything similar but when a company has your back, that’s the company you should go with! I stand by XPEL due to customer service!
I want to correct my statement as I have mixed up 2 different situations but regardless, it shows XPEL stands by their product. PPF Installation Recourse Help
XPEL warrantied for the labor and work of this when the installer wasn't helping out in any way.
Tint problem and seeking advises
This guy had a problem with a installer with his tint, and XPEL sent their best tinter to help him out.

All I want to add is that, you can't get better service than this. You never know what an installer will do after they installed it. But if XPEL is able to step in and help you, you have one less thing to worry about!

Reactions: XPEL

@SunTek do you offer similar level of service? I'm asking because the installer I'm considering uses your product...

100%. Thank you for your support. We will always do everything we can to keep our customers happy and to protect their cars.

Reactions: DCEV and ffhuang
@DCEV which film and installer did you end up using?

I am also on the DC area and going through this same comparison for my Model 3 so wanted to ask how your experience has been?

+ 1 I've finally decided to take the PPF plunge for peace of mind and trying to decide on the type of film and installer. I'm in the DC area for work for about a week each month so would be interested in finding a good installer. If I decide on a full body PPF, hopefully they can do it in one week.