Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is supply and demand so bad for model 3 SR+ right now to the point people are making big profit selling their allocation in ontario?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was browsing around kijiji to get a sense of used model 3 market in onatrio. Someone just posted this ad asking for 17k to sell his allocation.

Looks like robbery to me. I thought legacy dealership was bad jacking up car prices. I guess some tesla customers are greedy or out of touch of reality. Your thought?

• Funny
Reactions: Vawlkus
...17k...
Some people swear they can sell/buy reservations since 2012 with the price as much as $12,500 on eBay but I haven't heard any successful story:

There have been cases that Tesla would make an exception for family members.

Reactions: cdswm3
In Quebec, some people are taking advantage of the demand for used EVs (mostly the 3 SR+) by pocketing the government rebates, then reselling out-of-province as soon as allowed (after one year).

There are even brokerage services that seem to specialize in this type of export. Since the Quebec government is offering a generous $8,000 rebate on EVs to fight climate change, they shouldn't be happy when cars are shipped to provinces where electricity isn't as clean after just one year.

In Quebec, some people are taking advantage of the demand for used EVs (mostly the 3 SR+) by pocketing the government rebates, then reselling out-of-province as soon as allowed (after one year).

There are even brokerage services that seem to specialize in this type of export. Since the Quebec government is offering a generous $8,000 rebate on EVs to fight climate change, they shouldn't be happy when cars are shipped to provinces where electricity isn't as clean after just one year.

Yeah some guy from Quebec is selling his in Onatrio to make some profit

Yeah some guy from Quebec is selling his in Onatrio to make some profit
Wow, he's asking $58,500 for a car he paid about $46,000 for after tax and rebates.

Just today there was article in French about Quebec Teslas being resold for profit in Ontario.

I am located in Montreal and sold my 2020 SR+ on Facebook Marketplace 3 weeks ago. My buyer was located in Eastern Quebec and never asked to see the car before he purchased it (other that the photos I have used for the listing). Although he claimed It was for his wife, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for an eventual resale since he's a used car dealership. With that being said, it's not called robbery, it's called supply and demand. I sold it because I could get an LR rapidly and take advantage of the current market. I personally would never pay these prices for a used SR+ but it looks like some people are willing to do it instead of waiting for a new one. Grants or not, people in Quebec, Ontario or elsewhere are willing to pay close to MSRP for a used car.

It's a crazy market out there.

Reactions: coolmanfever
I am located in Montreal and sold my 2020 SR+ on Facebook Marketplace 3 weeks ago. My buyer was located in Eastern Quebec and never asked to see the car before he purchased it (other that the photos I have used for the listing). Although he claimed It was for his wife, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for an eventual resale since he's a used car dealership. With that being said, it's not called robbery, it's called supply and demand. I sold it because I could get an LR rapidly and take advantage of the current market. I personally would never pay these prices for a used SR+ but it looks like some people are willing to do it instead of waiting for a new one. Grants or not, people in Quebec, Ontario or elsewhere are willing to pay close to MSRP for a used car.

This is quite different then what the OP was posting about , selling your allocation.
Good for you.

how much did you sell it for?