Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is surge protection possible or necessary at RV parks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m new to Tesla Model Y camping. I plan to take trips and plug in overnight at RV park electric pedestals. However, I’ve read that the quality of the electrical installation at some RV parks is unprofessional and I want to protect my Tesla. However , when searching for EV surge protectors, I have not found any for mobile charging - just whole house protection.

Is surge protection not required? If it is an option, can anyone provide product or manufacturer information? I’ve seen RV surge protectors, but I understand these are not suitable for EV charging.

I’m new to Tesla Model Y camping. I plan to take trips and plug in overnight at RV park electric pedestals. However, I’ve read that the quality of the electrical installation at some RV parks is unprofessional and I want to protect my Tesla. However , when searching for EV surge protectors, I have not found any for mobile charging - just whole house protection.

Is surge protection not required? If it is an option, can anyone provide product or manufacturer information? I’ve seen RV surge protectors, but I understand these are not suitable for EV charging.
Your Tesla can charge on anything from 100 volts to 290 volts. Any normal power surge or brownout, short of being struck by lightning, isn't going to phase the Tesla.

Reactions: Rocky_H and RNHurt
Upvote 0