Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tapatalk not going to be supported with the new forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently not for security issues - apparently.

I understand that, but how about support for another app? Any app out there ?

I am willing to pay a subscription fee if that is what it takes.

I am in a state of denial now and hoping when I get up tomorrow all of this will be a dream

No Tapatalk and the mobile version of this forum sucks, now. Something tells me there was no usability study done, here. Paid TMC member, here. I got used to the logo. Going to try to use this for a while. The good news is I'll be spending less time on my phone ;)

The likelihood of Tapatalk support with the new Xenforo this forum is using is close to zero. I did some searching and there is a plug-in but there are numerous security problems and bugs with it and Tapatalk is slow/dismissive in addressing them.

A lot of forum admins using Xenforo have apparently abandoned Tapatalk completely (even knowing they might lose some users if they do so).

A lot of forum admins using Xenforo have apparently abandoned Tapatalk completely (even knowing they might lose some users if they do so).
A lot of forum admins across the board have abandoned Tapatalk, it seems, for any number of reasons. However, it seems that xenForo may have a native push app en route, so we might be able to have a TMC-only app. That would be my preference over Tapatalk anyway.

A lot of forum admins across the board have abandoned Tapatalk, it seems, for any number of reasons. However, it seems that xenForo may have a native push app en route, so we might be able to have a TMC-only app. That would be my preference over Tapatalk anyway.

This feature - push notifications - is the main thing missing for me. So a native XenForo or even TMC app would be welcome. With the collective software prowess of this forum such an app could likely be whipped up in a week.

it seems that xenForo may have a native push app en route
That would be awesome if the xenForo app has a Tapatalk-like display where the left side column can show unread thread titles while a right side column lets you quickly scan through the posts in the unread thread you have selected. That was the best Tapatalk feature for me, it let me scan through posts very rapidly instead of having to click through to the posts in a thread and then click back to the thread list.

There are already various push notification plugins for Xenforo already, so it should be relatively trivial. I'm pretty sure doug will be implementing something like this when he has the chance.

This feature - push notifications - is the main thing missing for me. So a native XenForo or even TMC app would be welcome. With the collective software prowess of this forum such an app could likely be whipped up in a week.

There are already various push notification plugins for Xenforo already, so it should be relatively trivial. I'm pretty sure doug will be implementing something like this when he has the chance.

I can say that we are aware of solutions for Push Notifications and have plans for them.

Count me as one of the longtime Tapatalk users here. I enjoyed the convenience of Tapatalk, because I could quickly see my subscribed sub-forums and subscribed threads, as well as check the timeline to quickly get a sense of hot new threads and topics.

However, if there are technical and/or security issues that the admin team is uncomfortable with, I will defer to their judgment. I'd rather that TMC be a safe, secure system than an insecure one. The forum isn't as easy or convenient to use in mobile Safari, but it's good enough IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.