Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tapatalk not going to be supported with the new forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is at least one option, but would require the site owners to install something on the server:

http://www.forumrunner.com

What is Forum Runner?

Forum Runner is a XenForo add-on that allows your users to browse your forum using a native Android/iPhone/iPad client. This means faster access for those users since it only downloads the actual forum information rather than all the extraneous images that slow down the mobile connection.

Forum Runner now supports the iPad natively! Download the Forum Runner app once and support both iPhone and iPad versions in one universal app!

Forum Runner is FREE for forum owners to install, and takes less than 5 minutes. The client for the iPhone/iPad/Android costs 1.99$ which is LESS THAN THE COMPETITORS, and has more features. Please see the list below for full information on Forum Runner's features.

Forum Runner inherits all the security built into XenForo, so users running Forum Runner will only be able to see the same forums and threads as they could using a regular browser.

I have to admit that I will rarely be on the forums anymore due to the loss of tapatalk support as well as the fact that the mobile version of this web site from a mobile browser is just absolutely horrific. Therefore I will not be using my phone to come here anymore, and that was 99% of my usage. I really think the switch to this software will kill a lot of interest in this forum. Its really ugly too, but thats besides the point. From a normal web browser on a computer, the new forum interface and format is just terrible. As someone above mentioned, there was clearly no user interface study / usability study. Thats like UI 101.
I would be very interested to see site statistics for the months leading up to this change, and the months that follow. I would expect to see a severe dropoff in usage.

You might have great content, but if the user interface sucks so much then nobody is going to use it, and that is exactly what has happened here with TMC. Sorry TMC, but you wont find me here much anymore.

At my work, about a year or so ago, we shifted our policy to "Mobile first". Every critical new application or key feature would be designed with Mobile app in mind, and desktop comes later. We can see the results already with more adoption from the key younger demographics.. just saying

From a normal web browser on a computer, the new forum interface and format is just terrible. As someone above mentioned, there was clearly no user interface study / usability study. Thats like UI 101.
I would be very interested to see site statistics for the months leading up to this change, and the months that follow. I would expect to see a severe dropoff in usage.
So far the post volume seems to be unaffected. It's pretty busy on TMC.

I like the new UI.

I am ambivalent to the look of the new forum and it is a learning experience for me currently.
What I have noticed so far is that my read posts cookie/widget whatever seems to have been reset so I have checked back to last week on all my regular threads and then marked them as read. This has helped a lot.
Surprisingly, despite the small size of the last unread blue dot I'm finding it easier to hit than the previous version, go figure!
I think if we all give the site and the Administrators some time we will find a way through.
Change is difficult but necessary. :)

Still getting used to the new UI...

Got the following message on Tapatalk though:

"Hi, we're sorry to tell you that this forum is currently unavailable in Tapatalk. We're reaching out to the admin to see what we can help. Meanwhile, if you have any question, feel free to post it here."

The lack of a mobile app is a pretty huge issue for me. I'd shifted almost exclusively to reading and posting from mobile. I've been less active recently but no mobile app effectively means this is the end of any participation on my part.

In the TMC "chat room" in the Tapatalk app we've now got a discussion going with the creators of Tapatalk. They're saying they're unaware of any security flaws in their XenForo plugin. I'm sure doug and danny are talking directly to them now.

Excellent. Step in the right direction.

It is hard to believe that a popular app like Tapatalk would be left to rot, disuse and allow customers to abandon - due to some well known security issue that the developers and owners of this product would not have paid any attention to fix it.

I really wish these guys get together and figure out a solution.

I am finding it hard to get in front of a desktop to surf TMC and slowly and surely my participation will decrease. Not that it matters much to anyone, except me.

In the TMC "chat room" in the Tapatalk app we've now got a discussion going with the creators of Tapatalk. They're saying they're unaware of any security flaws in their XenForo plugin. I'm sure doug and danny are talking directly to them now.
I know Tapatalk was only barely and grudgingly supported before the Maintenance Event.
I am going to check out this chat you speak of - did not know about it.
I had found Tapatalk superior to using the mobile browser for reading TMC in the car, and far, far superior for posting just-taken "SC Site Stalking" pics.
Edit: don't see this Chat Room.

Last edited:
I know Tapatalk was only barely and grudgingly supported before the Maintenance Event.
I am going to check out this chat you speak of - did not know about it.
I had found Tapatalk superior to using the mobile browser for reading TMC in the car, and far, far superior for posting just-taken "SC Site Stalking" pics.
Edit: don't see this Chat Room.

I can't really tell you how to access the chat room, it just appeared for me with a notification.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.