Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tapatalk not going to be supported with the new forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it walks like a duck, and it still quacks like a duck...

Big "IF," Hank. Big "if."

I miss the duck. Mobile web version looks ducky all right, but fails the walk and float test...
What we have now somehow prevents me from posting from my phone. STILL don't know why, and I really miss having an alternative method (TT also made posting photos WAY easy and didn't flip my pics upside down).

Affects both Safari and Firefox.

I force quit the app and re-logged in (Standby Codes standing by for authorizing the device - YAY Security!) and still same result - I am silenced (except for Rating and Reporting which work fine - but the little icons mean some of my Likes are at first fumbly Unlikes).
As I said before, if it works for you, Great. For you.
I will be just reading and Rating until Monday when back at my workstation.

Not unhappy, but I do get miffed when our point of view is invalidated, dismissed... you do too. :(

Time to go Drive & Grin! That's what counts. Have a good weekend, Everybody!

Rick
"Like" - "Helpful" - "Like" - "Funny" - "Unlike"

Big "IF," Hank. Big "if."

I miss the duck. Mobile web version looks ducky all right, but fails the walk and float test...
What we have now somehow prevents me from posting from my phone. STILL don't know why, and I really miss having an alternative method (TT also made posting photos WAY easy and didn't flip my pics upside down).

Affects both Safari and Firefox.

I force quit the app and re-logged in (Standby Codes standing by for authorizing the device - YAY Security!) and still same result - I am silenced (except for Rating and Reporting which work fine - but the little icons mean some of my Likes are at first fumbly Unlikes).
As I said before, if it works for you, Great. For you.
I will be just reading and Rating until Monday when back at my workstation.

Not unhappy, but I do get miffed when our point of view is invalidated, dismissed... you do too. :(

Time to go Drive & Grin! That's what counts. Have a good weekend, Everybody!

Rick
"Like" - "Helpful" - "Like" - "Funny" - "Unlike"

I think you misunderstood my joke.

My comment was in response to the "app" that araxara offered that just adds a new app icon to the iPhone/iPad, but still opens up TMC in Safari ("the duck").

While it adds a little bit of functionality (dedicated icon, opens to TMC), it still has all the same issues and problems that Safari has with TMC/XenForo.

I'm with you 100%. I dreadfully miss TaT. Dreadfully.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
You sure complain about this whenever you get the chance, in this thread and others, so oddly enough you seem to be able to navigate and participate quite well without Tapatalk after all.

Well I am tolerating it and struggling with it a bit, but honestly it doesn't have to be that way. I am here inspite of the frustration because the amazing set of people and quality of some of the content keeps me glued here.

It is like the best restaurant in town that makes the most amazing food suddenly decided to renovate and removed all comfy chairs and great waiters, and now makes you eat standing.

Ya you still go there everyday to eat and tolerate the rest

It is like the best restaurant in town that makes the most amazing food suddenly decided to renovate and removed all comfy chairs and great waiters, and now makes you eat standing.

Ya you still go there everyday to eat and tolerate the rest
Studies have shown that sitting can decrease life expectancy. Enjoy standing. ;)

For those that may be interested, we've added support for push notifications via Pushbullet: New Forum Design

Unfortunately, adding another app for push notifications seems like putting lipstick on a pig. We love the TMC forum, but sadly question the decision to not work with TT for the best user functionality. I wonder what my customers would say if I made an unpopular decision like this?

Unfortunately, adding another app for push notifications seems like putting lipstick on a pig. We love the TMC forum, but sadly question the decision to not work with TT for the best user functionality. I wonder what my customers would say if I made an unpopular decision like this?

I think we're all adults here and can handle unpopular decisions like this... but only when they are backed up by some logical justification or reasoning as to why. But being kept in the dark and just being told "nope" makes it much harder to accept. Even a simple "we will revisit the TaT issues when we have knocked out all the major ones, it's a low priority right now" would go a long way. Or put us out of our misery and just say it's never, ever going to happen. But please tell us something other than just "nope".

I won't speak for Doug or Danny, but I believe it boils down to:

1/ TaT doesn't support the new forum software and/or vice-versa.
2/ TMC wants more control over what users see, with a specific focus on advertising. TaT strips out TMC's advertising and replaces it with their own.

Generally speaking, #2 is likely driving #1.

A

2/ TMC wants more control over what users see, with a specific focus on advertising. TaT strips out TMC's advertising and replaces it with their own.

A

I think you're right but they pointed to "security issues" as the reason but I'm starting to question that. The biggest thing I see is people are spending less and less time here and we've lost some valuable people. TapaTalk was very useful.

Hmmm, just got through this thread. Well, I've been a long time TaT user too. I paid for it so I don't see any advertising. If there is an alternative provided, then a small fee to go addless would be really nice! If that is one of the reasons for the TMC switch, then it makes no difference to me. But if I'm suddenly forced to view loads of adds without an option to go addless, then I won't be here nearly as much. My usage of TaT -vs- browser was 99+% on TaT.

Looking around, I see most of the folks missing TaT are significant contributors to TMC. It would be sad to see them leave. I never posted that much, but read a LOT on TMC. I've been missing it for a while now but just got the time to look up this thread on a browser.

@winter, thanks for popping in here. Really hope you and the TMC folks can come up with a mutually beneficial agreement. I like TaT. If site admins don't, then maybe that's something you can work on!

TMC Admins, it seems to me that a number of high contributors to TMC forums are posed to either quit or drastically slow down their support of TMC. That would really be too bad.

Note: Like I said I almost solely view TMC from my phone (HTC One M8, no iStuff). Yes, battery drain is a real concern. Some apps really suck battery. I never found that true with TaT. I've found that adds in apps can be a BIG part of battery drain. All the animation makes my phone work much harder.

A

Point 1 - I don't believe that to be true as the TaT developer/founder's note explains clearly.

Point 2: somehow that was my first suspicion.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar

A

I think you hit the nail on the head. I wonder if advertisers view activity rather than the number of registered users. I know the number of times I view the forum are significantly less than when accessing through TT. Now I only access when I am on my laptop at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.