Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tapatalk not going to be supported with the new forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, please. I have a "grip".

Again, please don't make gross, blanket generalizations. I've been in Doug's shoes, and still am. *MY* largest and oldest forum is 18 years old now. My sites have also been extremely popular over the years, and I currently have over 8 million registered users and generating millions of page view per week. My forum (vB4) alone has over three times the number of posts on TMC and four times the number of threads. So I know "Doug's shoes" very well. Just because *YOU* support Doug's decision doesn't mean everyone else "doesn't have a grip" or doesn't understand all of the issues at hand. We actually do. Very well, in fact.

Yes, "Responsive Design" is the "holy grail" for WEBSITES. No responsive website, however well written, will ever approach the UI/UX of a native application like Tapatalk or Forumrunner. Responsive Design is not the "holy grail" for native mobile applications. There's a very clear reason why so many people are still campaigning for access to TaT. The web interface is adequate, but it's not nearly as useful or easy to use as a native application, nor will it be.

100% correct on all counts. As an IT security executive I know that 99% of the time things can indeed be worked out. It's a question of wanting to make it happen. If the decision is revenue driven it complicates things but not a whole lot.

Oh, please. I have a "grip". Again, please don't make gross, blanket generalizations. I've been in Doug's shoes, and still am....
Fair enough, you are probably the only one here who is whining that understands both sides.
Guys, I've made my decision, so please accept that and move on.
:cool: I'm done in this thread.

Responsive design really is the "holy grail" when it comes to sites

really? tell that to every financial firm, airlines, retail outlets, news media etc.. because those dumbos are rolling out mobile apps and perhaps they haven't heard of Responsive design?

I work for a financial firm and I am a cloud architect and I work with Security SMEs with major cloud providers almost every day. I do understand the risks and challenges on that area. And guess what, we have a come a long way in the last couple of years and if I tell my CIO that we can't go to cloud, or worse can't roll out an app because of security concerns, I will be shown the door the next day. Because meticulously one by one those challenges have been solved. Security is a two way street and a partnership.

Millennials want App experience - understandably. Our strategy is now mobile first. Hang on to the last decade at your own peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.