TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is Tesla actually shutting down?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by nowtleft, Apr 9, 2018.

1. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

I am concerned as NONE of the links to extended warranties in the UK work and there are NO used cars on the Tesla site this morning!

If I cannot extend my warranty after 4 years this December OR upgrade to a newer used Tesla I stand to lose a potential £58000 over 2 years if something major goes wrong with mt car!

I have written to my service centre but TBH if I cannot extend my warranty after 4 years I will cut my losses and sell my P85 and revert to an ICE car which I really do NOT want to do!

Tesla seems to be totally incompetent when it comes to information sites or managing its referral programme - I AM worried about Tesla's future as it appears to be shutting down gradually in the UK based on hard evidence!

• Funny x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. J1mbo

J1mbo Active Member

Yes, Tesla is totally shutting down in the UK. It's because of Brexit. All car manufacturers are shutting down except for Riversimple who are 100% British. You will have to buy a hydrogen car from them.

• Funny x 4
  3. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

4. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

Seriously though if they do not warrant cars after 4 years and have no used cars for sale it is going to hit Tesla massively!

5. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

6. J1mbo

J1mbo Active Member

The 8 year extended warranty has been available in the UK for a few years now. It's actually an "approved" insurance policy provided by Allianz.

BTW, the link from Tesla's support page is working for me: Allianz

7. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Yes, they're shutting down. Apple and Amazon are, too.

• Like x 3
  8. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

Try Paxil, very effective

• Funny x 1
  9. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Tesla is revamping it's CPO cars and warranty as of today....this was happening in the US but I never asked about Europe. I would sit tight for a few more a hours and see happens on it's site.

10. YoungStranger

YoungStranger Member

Yes.. I can confirm they are shutting down.. everyone else is shutting down too after Brexit.... now the British have decided that the rest of the world doesn’t exist, except for a few colonial outposts to which we will still be exporting 1950s Morris’s and Austin’s..... it’s like a whole country has strapped a flux capacitator to its political system and pressed go....

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

Still no used cars and the link from "My Tesla" to more info on the extended warranty after 4 years has not worked for 2 weeks. GREAT car but dreadful IT skills:-(