Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla Autopilot program a breeding ground for Myths?

Is Tesla Autopilot program a breeding ground for Myths?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bladerskb

Senior Software Engineer
Oct 24, 2016
Michigan
I have heard so many things in this forum, outside it, in the media and by others about Tesla and autopilot that are simply dumbfounding. Once and for all, i want to know what you think and settle this.

Statements like the ones in this video.

"Tesla [HW2.0] is fully capable of going point A to B, with no driver intervention, navigating stop signs, cross walks, roundabouts, etc. But is only limited by current regulations that don't allow for this" - Vehicle Virgins

You have others at seeking alpha saying "Need visual proof? Here's a video link to a Tesla Model S driving at level 5 autonomy. So, Tesla (already) has the technology, but the regulatory hurdles keeps me tentative on a two or three-year implementation timeline."

Hey Tesla Competitors: Where's Your Autonomous Car? - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

These myths also transcends tv media.

Nissan were recently interviewed (i believe BBC?) about their fully self driving car during one of their demo.

In this interview Nissan spokesperson said they will be releasing their level 3 car in 2018. The reporter quickly rebutted (paraphrasing) "but whats the point tesla already have level 5 self driving on the road right now.") The Nissan spokesperson looked at the reporter like "how naive... you don't even know what you're talking about".

This article actually explains in detail what am talking about.

The Tesla Self-Driving Regulatory Myth
The Tesla Self-Driving Regulatory Myth - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Last edited:
It's not a myth - a misconception or misunderstanding is more like it. People don't know much about Teslas in general imo they don't really know all the features besides the fact that it is a "fast" car with lots of tech features(which 99% of people without the car don't understand). They don't know all the cool stuff besides the fact it can "drive itself" and do 0-60 in 2.4 seconds. Which I don't really mind because it's kind of fun telling people about the car anyway.

Reactions: Tam