Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla Behind

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you have to know what you're buying into when you get a Tesla. Do you get an EV with (now) incredible range, fast charging, incredible accleration? Yes, yes you do...

Do you get an interior lacking items common place in all other cars nowadays? yep....no sunroof, no cooled seats, no cross traffic alerts. And these are just in basic cars...luxury cars have far more bells and whistles than Tesla's have ever had and probably won't ever have.

You just have to be an educated buyer and know what you're getting, and what you're NOT getting

Reactions: EVortex
I have an S and my wife has an X7. It is just so interesting to me how they do so well on some things and completely miss on others. Tech, the doors, app, storage. But then they miss on the luxury features at the price. Also to someones earlier post, Audi may have pulled theirs back, but BMW hasn't, and it is nicer.

Reactions: InternetDude
I have an S and my wife has an X7. It is just so interesting to me how they do so well on some things and completely miss on others. Tech, the doors, app, storage. But then they miss on the luxury features at the price. Also to someones earlier post, Audi may have pulled theirs back, but BMW hasn't, and it is nicer.

Consider the entire car all pros and cons, compare to others and then decide what’s most important to you. If a few “luxury” features are more important then choose the one that has what you want. Many people are changing their mindsets on what is important in a car. Each person should decide for themselves. For me, the Model S is the best car I have ever owned and I have owned over a dozen Mercedes and a half dozen BMWs and over 100 collector cars and race cars. Nothing compares to a Tesla and won’t for the foreseeable future. That’s why Tesla is the most valuable car (and energy) company in the world. Each person should choose.

@cucubits just about nailed it there. I would add that Tesla lacks in the features of "good customer service" and "timely repair service" as well, in my experience they certainly are.

The Lexus LS that I traded my S off on has proper blind spot warnings in the mirrors, multiple 360 camera views, front & rear cross traffic alerts, heated & cooled seats, massaging seats, active noise canceling, exquisite build quality, lots of sound insulation, etc. Many more features that Tesla doesn't care about. And oh yeah I can phone the dealer service dept and talk to a human in a matter of seconds, and answer my questions and book me in if needed in a matter of 3 minutes.

Here's what I told the Lexus dealer earlier this week when I was there. Tesla seems pretty good with the tech stuff but not as good with the rest of the car stuff. Motors and chips/boards they are good. Door handles, trim, features, customer support, etc. they are lacking.

If perfection is your goal then you should be in a legacy luxury car but if "green" enters you world, except in the form of cash (USD) then one accepts a few inconveniences in an attempt to do the decent thing.