Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla CPO selling P3D- Stealths as Performance P3D+ Models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking at the CPO or Used Car site and when you filter by Tesla Model 3 Performance I see the cheaper 2019 models all have the 18" wheels. This is confusing as they say they are performance but then I am guessing they don't have the performance brakes as my understanding is those don't fit with 18's. Will the ones listed without "Performance Upgrade" (the 18" ones) still have the Track Mode option?

Am I just confusing things or does it seem like clever used car marketing?

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 4.44.54 PM.png

This is real simple. Stealth cars are still called performance model 3's. If they have 18 or 19" they do not have the performance upgrade package (you can also see that it isn't listed as an included option). FYI, upgrade package = wheels, brakes. Both stealth and upgrade package should both have track mode.

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78
Thanks all for the education. I guess I was just confused because now when you go to buy a new performance online you can't get it without the wheels, spoiler, brakes, suspension, etc.... to make a P3D- . Nor if you make a 3D + Acceleration Boost do you get the track mode.

Buying used from Tesla seems by far the best bang for the buck as it appears they upgrade them all the FSD for the price most are selling used even without AP + extended warranties on top of existing warranties

Reactions: Dre78 and TespaceX
...although the top speed should be higher too I think? ...
Not sure either, but P3D- could be speed limited due to the factory installed tires. Wouldn’t be the 1st time I heard a car’s top speed was limited based on the tires originally fitted to the car.

Funniest one was probably a Roush Stage 3 Mustang being limited to ~120 cause the car was originally a GT with low end rims/tires. LOL