Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla honoring the $120K price for order placed before the hike?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
I'm assuming not since they're not honoring my price of my solar roof contract....even though it's now been three months and they've ignore every email and my roof job just sits in "remote assessment hell" for the last 12 weeks.

I had to make a call to cancel my plaid + and convert it to Plaid. They had me cancel on my account page, then give then the RN from the new reservation. That way I could keep my place in line as well as honor the $8k for for FSD. I did this prior to the $10k bump last Monday.
Looks like I will get the car in a couple weeks
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 7.31.15 AM.png

I'm assuming not since they're not honoring my price of my solar roof contract....even though it's now been three months and they've ignore every email and my roof job just sits in "remote assessment hell" for the last 12 weeks.

Tesla should honor the price because it should encourage early adopters: Those who are quick to buy would get the guaranteed price. Those who wait and see should get the increased price.

That is happening with CyberTruck FSD right now. Tesla says it "will secure your price" of CyberTruck FSD. Early adopters would get a secured price of $7,000 and now for those who are slow, it's $10,000.

That principle should be applicable to solar roofs as well as Tesla cars. Again, Tesla should give incentives to early adopters should not create an impression that early adopters are suckers.

Tesla should honor the price because it should encourage early adopters: Those who are quick to buy would get the guaranteed price. Those who wait and see should get the increased price.

That is happening with CyberTruck FSD right now. Tesla says it "will secure your price" of CyberTruck FSD. Early adopters would get a secured price of $7,000 and now for those who are slow, it's $10,000.

That principle should be applicable to solar roofs as well as Tesla cars. Again, Tesla should give incentives to early adopters should not create an impression that early adopters are suckers.
that sounds good....I ordered the CT on reveal night and FSD for 7K....Thinking to go from CT 3 to CT2....wonder if I do that if I can still get FSD for 7k......makes sense to do that if Tesla has a leasing program, especially for those who got it at 10k

I ordered plaid + and now have to pay the additional money to switch. I’m on the fence because the range was the most attractive bit of the plaid+ vs the 1.99 0-60 time. The speed, etc is cool but still unsure.
Long range at $50k less and with 3.1 0-60 not a bad alternative, especially since the 3.1 is avail at all times/requires no battery preconditioning or waiting for cheetah mode to begin

Long range at $50k less and with 3.1 0-60 not a bad alternative, especially since the 3.1 is avail at all times/requires no battery preconditioning or waiting for cheetah mode to begin
Yeah that’s my point it’s a lot of money to go a bit faster with slightly less range. I’m wondering if tri-motor offers some other value which isn’t evident to me.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Tri-motor does offer torque vectoring. Dual motor does not. I wonder if torque vectoring could help reduce the torque steer felt when accelerating hard to go around someone. Would also be nice if the Plaid had the battery cooling to do track days, though since they don't even mention track mode, I'm guessing that is not the target for this car.

Tri-motor does offer torque vectoring. Dual motor does not. I wonder if torque vectoring could help reduce the torque steer felt when accelerating hard to go around someone. Would also be nice if the Plaid had the battery cooling to do track days, though since they don't even mention track mode, I'm guessing that is not the target for this car.
Incorrect, they mentioned a new thermal system (with big heat escape) that allows repeat performance Non-stop.