Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is TESLA Launching a “NEW Hydrogen Car”???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m lying on the table like a human pretzel when my chiropractor says to me in the midst of our “I just bought a TESLA” discussion that Elon had just said that TESLA will be adopting hydrogen-powered technology into the lineup as the only path forward, etc. I told my doc, “No chance he said that,” and I pointed out how Elon has gone on record calling HFC technology “hydrogen fool cell”. My doc responded, “Yeah—I know he said that, but they just made an announcement recently, and Elon Musk has come out and said this.” I again responded, “Not a chance—there is NO chance he said that. I follow TESLA very closely, and I’ve not heard anything about that.” I asked him where he heard that, and he said he saw an article (I’m guessing he saw a headline somewhere), but he couldn’t remember the source of the article.

Has ANYONE heard about this? All I could find online was a few “articles” like this one…

Note the lack of a publication date atop this “article”. I’m guessing my chiropractor needs to surf the net more carefully and Elon DID NOT, in fact, say this. Can anyone else weigh in on this, please???

Thanks!

Elon says lot so of things. Best to believe it when you see it.
I certainly would do that, but for now, I’d like to know if it has been “heard” from Elon’s mouth in the first place. No doubt, this would be a shocker if it is true because he has publicly hated on HFC calling it “hydrogen fool cell” and decried that it would never work or be sustainable on a large scale.

We’ll maybe for SpaceX but even then, no commercial launch vehicles use Hydrogen as it’s too much trouble even though it has better performance.
I know the Shuttle program under NASA at one point used HFC to power the Shuttle’s electronics, but I am not clear if that was just during the 1980’s or if HFC lasted the entire life cycle of the Shuttle program.

So I’m lying on the table like a human pretzel when my chiropractor says to me in the midst of our “I just bought a TESLA” discussion that Elon had just said that TESLA will be adopting hydrogen-powered technology into the lineup as the only path forward, etc. I told my doc, “No chance he said that,” and I pointed out how Elon has gone on record calling HFC technology “hydrogen fool cell”. My doc responded, “Yeah—I know he said that, but they just made an announcement recently, and Elon Musk has come out and said this.” I again responded, “Not a chance—there is NO chance he said that. I follow TESLA very closely, and I’ve not heard anything about that.” I asked him where he heard that, and he said he saw an article (I’m guessing he saw a headline somewhere), but he couldn’t remember the source of the article.

Has ANYONE heard about this? All I could find online was a few “articles” like this one…

Note the lack of a publication date atop this “article”. I’m guessing my chiropractor needs to surf the net more carefully and Elon DID NOT, in fact, say this. Can anyone else weigh in on this, please???

Thanks!
1668790214452.jpeg

Thanks!

@THEbuz I'd start looking for a better doctor if I were you. Who knows where he gets his new treatment suggestions from!!! But seriously, welcome to the world of owning a Tesla and suddenly being in the position of defending what you know to be true from people who are not as connected as you and typically don't have much interest to be connected. I must have at least one or two battery fire conversations a week with people I encounter.:confused:

Sorry if I’m too uptight for you, man. When I want laughs, I watch standup comedy on YouTube. As a new TESLA owner, I come here for education.
I thought the cartoon was funny. I did not think it was an attack or criticism of you. If I had thought that then I wouldn't have found it funny. I saw it as a comment on the state of the world and how serious a problem misinformation is in general.

You have a valid point of coming here for information but I enjoy the occasional comic relief. I hope that joke doesn't turn you off to the site.

We laugh so we do not cry.

I thought the cartoon was funny. I did not think it was an attack or criticism of you. If I had thought that then I wouldn't have found it funny. I saw it as a comment on the state of the world and how serious a problem misinformation is in general.

You have a valid point of coming here for information but I enjoy the occasional comic relief. I hope that joke doesn't turn you off to the site.

We laugh so we do not cry.
Nah—I’m good. Maybe I just had a stick up my butt. New day; new attitude. Glad to be part of the community. Thanks for being compassionate.

I searched Twitter archives and found reference to an April 1 (April Fools Day) post by Elon Musk about Tesla going to hydrogen... I have not yet found the original post to which @meyerjr refers. I hope someone can find it.
<SNIP>-
Jeff Meyer
@meyerjr
·
Apr 1, 2021

Replying to
@WholeMarsBlog
and
@elonmusk
April Fools prank. Especially Elon knows there will be no viable Hydrogen - especially in wheeled vehicle market.
<END SNIP>

Reactions: THEbuz