TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Is Tesla Motors Inc's Electric Car Truly Disruptive? (Motley Fool)

Discussion in 'News' started by jvonbokel, May 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

The crux of the article is that Clayton Christensen has said Tesla is more of a "sustaining innovation" rather than a "disruptive innovation", but then, he said the same thing about the iPhone, apparently. The article doesn't necessarily agree with him though, in fact it presents a counter-argument from a stock analyst.

Every time somebody says something like this, I wonder to myself whether they've actually driven one? Yes, it's up against high-end cars, but that's what's amazing about it. Nobody expected an EV to compete in that segment of the market, because the prevailing perception of EVs was that of a slow boring car, something like a golf cart.

Is Tesla Motors Inc.'s Electric Car Truly Disruptive?

2. scottm

scottm Active Member

Electric golf carts. Ya, real disruptor there.

Even VW has an electric Golf.

3. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Hey, those golfers are a competitive lot!

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

They don't call it the Motley Fool for nothing.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

To be fair, we won't really know for sure except in retrospect. My suspicion is that yes, it will be disruptive... but of course I could be wrong.