Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla replacing ghosting windshields?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not have the ghosting issue thank god but I have a dangerous smear in my line of site when it rains or snows. I'ts constantly there and pretty bad when it rains, which is all the time in Portland. Tesla is on the 2nd attempt to fix. RainX did not help.

I do not have the ghosting issue thank god but I have a dangerous smear in my line of site when it rains or snows. I'ts constantly there and pretty bad when it rains, which is all the time in Portland. Tesla is on the 2nd attempt to fix. RainX did not help.

I've noticed the wiper smear as well. For me it goes away on the wiper upstroke but comes back on the downstroke. Really annoying.

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby
I asked my OA and got this response:

Thanks for the note- we resolved this late last summer after it came to our attention. Added a different film to the front windshield that reduced glare and blurred night vision.

Revolutionize Your Commute

Consumer Reports Best Car Ever Tested

Model S Information

Joshua Farinha | Owner Advisor
Tesla Factory | 45500 Fremont Blvd | Fremont, CA 94538
p 510.249.3062 | m 510.366.7423 | f 650.289.9527 | e [email protected]
Interesting that he thinks they resolved it. More great internal Tesla communication. :rolleyes:

I do not have the ghosting issue thank god but I have a dangerous smear in my line of site when it rains or snows. It's constantly there and pretty bad when it rains, which is all the time in Portland. Tesla is on the 2nd attempt to fix. RainX did not help.

Once they get rid of that smear for you, I'm sure you'll be able to see the ghosting. You may actually miss the smear. ;)

I just hope smearing windshields doesn't become Tesla's final solution. :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby