Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla replacing ghosting windshields?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So tired of that problem. I'm supposedly on a "list" since last summer, and the issue is supposedly under investigation.

Here good video to see it live:
I agree with this. I have the same since I got my MX. Called and took it to SC and they says, there is no fix yet, will notify, when fix will be there. Some says, there is no ghosting, but look at this video. What other proof will you need? The ghosting is really bad when the source of light is further away. As it close in, it become less and less. At night time, driving is really dangerous, particularly with rain and/or fog around. Hope, Tesla come up with solution and at least, acknowledge it to calm down out nerves.

I think Tesla could easily install a film over the windshield to help those of us who have this problem. Although it doesn't bother me much, I can see it being a problem for others and a potential risk factor misjudging how close or far a car is. It could lead to an accident. Tesla, hope you are listening
Mo!

Reactions: Cowby
Hi.....did service tell you about the new windshield and did they give you an idea of when it will be available?

Called customer support and they have no idea when a fix will be available. SC said they will not replace it.
Keep in mind this issue was reported aprox. one year ago and there is still no fix.

If Tesla is making new Model X's then they have new windshields.

Cars build in November seem to have this issue. Not sure if you would consider this new.

Maybe someone can post if the cars made in December or January have ghosting as well.

Last edited:
So I roughly sketched the angle of the S compared to X and it seems like the X should have less ghosting. The angle seems slightly higher for the X. In my case ghosting on the X is brighter and higher, but it should be similar or the other way around.
Blue is X, red is S. Images were taken from the Tesla website and are not of real cars.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 1.34.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 1.34.50 PM.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bak_phy
I recently test drove a 2016 model X overnight. I did not notice any ghosting.

I have astigmatism and I am very sensitive to ghosting at night because everything I see, when I don't wear glasses, has ghosting at night. I did not have any issue when I test drove the car.

Maybe the problem was fixed or limited to an initial batch of windshield