Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla software limiting the launch and 0-60 times of the refreshed non plaid model s/x ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X owners are in more of a bind. The different seating arrangements are not available in the Plaid.

This has actually hurt X Plaid sales because several people including myself ended up with LR just so we could have the more usable seating setup of 5/7 seater. As I’ve said a bunch of times I need the seats to fold flat. Not possible in 6 seater.

Tesla would have gotten $20k more out of me if Plaid came with 5/7 seater. Now they can get $10k out of me if they offer boost for X LR.

Guess they don’t want my money.

While I do think there is merit to what you're saying, Tesla confirmed with me that the reason why is 6 seat is most popular config and it also streamlines production by not having the others as options on a Plaid (workers know exactly what to build). As to how many people would actually upgrade to a Plaid with other seat options versus how much money Tesla's actually saving by only offering one is anyone's guess.

[QUOTE="Kan-O-Z, post: 7639136, member: 221846"
Because what you are suggesting is I would need to buy a new Tesla to get the performance improvements. I would like to have a software upgrade if possible.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was thinking of an upgrade package like they have for the Plaid, that could be installed on any car.

Reactions: Kan-O-Z
While I do think there is merit to what you're saying, Tesla confirmed with me that the reason why is 6 seat is most popular config and it also streamlines production by not having the others as options on a Plaid (workers know exactly what to build). As to how many people would actually upgrade to a Plaid with other seat options versus how much money Tesla's actually saving by only offering one is anyone's guess.
Yeah I’ve heard that as well. The LR and Plaid are literally the exact same vehicles except for the rear motors. I mean they would be coming off the same assembly line. Not to mention they’ve always offered these options in the “Performance” versions before.

Oh well I don’t get it. I also don’t get most people choosing the non-folding bucket seats. It’s the least usable. It turns a large vehicle into a 4 seater with large trunk which can’t take any long/large items. I’ve sat in the 3rd row, it’s no good for adults and there is hardly a trunk with the 3rd row. I would just have the 3rd folded down at all times. Which at that point you’re better off with the lighter, faster and better looking S Plaid with fold down seats.