Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla still giving out the FSD beta to qualified drivers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have be been at a 98 and up to a 99 safety score for a 6 weeks and have not been offered the FSD beta yet… has Tesla stopped giving it out? Done a few hundred miles at that score.
Tesla doesn't tell us what time frame it would grant you after you achieved a passing Safety Score. I would assume that you would be lucky if Tesla grant you the FSD beta in between releases. However, currently, it looks like Tesla is not granting you FSD beta until the next release. The next release should be soon because it has to do mandatory recalls (seatbelt alarm, rolling stops...). Keep your fingers crossed for a few more days or weeks...

I don't think this question can be answered until after Tesla starts rolling out 10.10.x to people who already have the beta.

I could see it going either way.

Where they either admit more people due to Elon's need to appease his twitter following or they simply don't allow any more in because they're getting whatever the data they want.

It's also a very risky time when it comes to the NHTSA and state DMV's. So I don't think they're going to take any chances.

Seriously! the worst part is... The day I opt out so I can drive normally till that start accepting again, they'll probably start accepting people the next day... I'm in too deep to start over! I miss my Performance Y... its been in chill mode for too long. hurts being passed.
For the benefit of all of us, can you please opt out! ;) .... I know the feeling. We have been driving granny style since the new year.

Reactions: Rusty1
Seriously! the worst part is... The day I opt out so I can drive normally till that start accepting again, they'll probably start accepting people the next day... I'm in too deep to start over! I miss my Performance Y... its been in chill mode for too long. hurts being passed.
Well, all this driving like a Granny comments aside... Acceleration is not penalized in safety score at all. What you have to be really careful about is leaving room for smooth braking and cornering if you 'liberally use the go pedal." I was there and had some fun while waiting for safety score admission. But it is really hard to plan ahead for smooth braking from 80-90 mph in all cases... So pick your poison.

I feel your pain. I'm going through the exact same thing. I'm on 2022.4.5 I can't wait for the next FSD release.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
I just reached 98 today after a couple of bad days dropped off (did you know it's possible to get a Forward Collision Warning in a McDonalds drivethrough, while rolling from window #1 (Pay Here) to window #2 (Pick up here)? I'm here to tell you that it is). I've been trained to be a less safe driver in order to get my "Safety Score" up. But them's the rules. Of course, as cobra noted, acceleration doesn't generate demerits, so I make sure to plaster the Tesla Grin on my face at least once a day even if I do own the slowest Tesla ever made (which isn't true, but sounds good when I tell it to passengers just before I hit it).

If Tesla ever offers me FSD Beta, my dilemma is going to be whether or not I'll accept it. I guess I'll have to solicit opinions at that point in time about the current reliability of the AI - it's one thing to monitor the car's driving when it's generally doing a good job (like Highway AP), but a completely different thing to manage it when it's not.

Same boat, folks. Was stuck out of town for 6 months due to work and missed the first opportunity to jump on. Kind of sucks to have had paid for FSD 4 years ago and still not have the features. What is really annoying is that had I invested that $6K in Tesla stock, it would be worth over $100K now.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I came here to see if I'd get the FSD beta after opting in a couple hundred miles ago. After reading this thread it's not looking good for FSD. I will probably opt out :
I dunno what’s worse, spending $8k on FSD I can’t use or spending $20k for “plaid” and never using it. 
 Hint: It’s the latter
Plaid is the best

Giving out? You paid 12k for FSD! Call and complain. You should be able to get. Although, I don't hardly use it. More stressful than driving manually and have to disengage frequently. My passenger also tells me to turn it off.

Last edited:
Giving out? You paid 12k for FSD! Call and complain. You should be able to get.
People gotta stop thinking they are entitled to "FSD Beta", whatever you think, you cannot buy a product that is not for sale and you did not buy beta access.

I know probably very few people are familiar with the software development lifecycle but google it lol, beta access is always INVITE ONLY, if you paid for FSD you have whatever public features are available and a promise for future features that are NOT available right now, that is what you paid for and that is what you received, full stop.

and for the record i'm at 3500 miles, about 60 days in safety score jail. :)

Reactions: Krash and Rusty1
Giving out? You paid 12k for FSD! Call and complain.....
You pay for the FSD Capability Package. You did NOT pay for FSD Beta testing.

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 6.57.56 AM.png

Yeah, I'm at 99 and have been for 6 weeks. New FSD beta 10.10.2 now releasing on the 2021.44.30.21 update (according to Teslafi) and have not been offered it yet.
I guess I will still wait in queue since if I opt out, I have to start the queue all over again.