Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla still giving out the FSD beta to qualified drivers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to break up the big brain party, but do we have any indication of why folks in the US aren't being let into the Beta program any longer?

I waited over a year to get my new MX, and during that year I watched the beta safety score program launch. I saw a dozen FSD Beta updates. I saw videos of the system improving by longtime beta testers. (AI Driver and Dirty Tesla are my favorites). And now that I FIIIIIIINALLY have my Tesla. And FINALLY got safety score to work.... I can't participate.

Let me guess Elon.... I'll get my invite "In Two Weeks"

Qualified? I drove like an ass for over a month and got my score up to 100 for over a week....then we had an autocross weekend and it dropped again.
dumb AF. why in track mode is it doing safety score analysis?!
I read somewhere here they were not adding any new patients.
now I'm back to 80 & not using AP all the time to avoid FCW etc.

I hate to break up the big brain party, but do we have any indication of why folks in the US aren't being let into the Beta program any longer?

Most likely explanation- They have enough testers.

Once you have enough adding more does nothing positive, and multiple things negative (increases chance of an accident by a tester, and increases the amount of feedback in excess of what is needed you have to sort through).

Last word was 100k testers in NA alone, which is something around 1/3rd of all people who ever bought FSD based on available info.

Once you have enough adding more does nothing positive, and multiple things negative (increases chance of an accident by a tester, and increases the amount of feedback in excess of what is needed you have to sort through).

Last word was 100k testers in NA alone, which is something around 1/3rd of all people who ever bought FSD based on available info.
THANK YOU, that makes a TON of sense.
Yeah, I know that they bumped from 60k or 70k (or whatever) to 100k after letting all of the Canucks in.

"enough testers" makes sense. I s'pose I just have to wait for folks to inevitably kicked out of the program for strikeouts or something.

Reactions: ferventcoder
Qualified? I drove like an ass for over a month and got my score up to 100 for over a week....then we had an autocross weekend and it dropped again.
Yeah, it's not as sophisticated as we want it to be. The main driver on the car receives the Safety Score data... but every driver impacts the safety score. SHEESH.

• Informative
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Despite there being a lot of speculation, the truth is that we do not know why Tesla has not accepted new participants from the US in the FSD beta program since Dec 2021.

The Tesla CEO has stated an intention of welcoming additional participants on more than one occasion, but it has not happened.

Recently, Tesla added new FSD beta participants from our friends in Canada, fueling speculation that the current pause on adding US participants was based on there being a sufficient number of participants to provide suitable coverage for US roads. But that is merely speculation.

THANK YOU, that makes a TON of sense.
Yeah, I know that they bumped from 60k or 70k (or whatever) to 100k after letting all of the Canucks in.

"enough testers" makes sense. I s'pose I just have to wait for folks to inevitably kicked out of the program for strikeouts or something.
It makes sense. But there's no evidence to support it-- it's just an inference or supposition.

Elon could end all this speculation and finger pointing with a single tweet. But that would require actually caring about customers, especially those who've pre-paid for features they don't have. (I'll just note here, again, that I paid for FSD more than five years ago, in November 2016. STILL WAITING.)

It makes sense. But there's no evidence to support it-- it's just an inference or supposition.

Elon could end all this speculation and finger pointing with a single tweet. But that would require actually caring about customers

Or maybe he believes his customers are smart enough to realize that's the only explanation that makes any sense and thus doesn't need his additional explanation.

Heh. I was dropped to 80 due to three false FCWs, and two phantom peds the second week I owned the car. Unsubscribe from FSD, you'll enjoy your car a lot more.

Despite there being a lot of speculation, the truth is that we do not know why Tesla has not accepted new participants from the US in the FSD beta program since Dec 2021.

The Tesla CEO has stated an intention of welcoming additional participants on more than one occasion, but it has not happened.

Recently, Tesla added new FSD beta participants from our friends in Canada, fueling speculation that the current pause on adding US participants was based on there being a sufficient number of participants to provide suitable coverage for US roads. But that is merely speculation.

The truth is, you don’t know that Tesla hasn’t added new participants from the US since Dec 2021.
As a matter of fact, I can guarantee that is incorrect, as I was accepted as a new participant 2 weeks ago. And yes, I am in the US.

The truth is, you don’t know that Tesla hasn’t added new participants from the US since Dec 2021.
As a matter of fact, I can guarantee that is incorrect, as I was accepted as a new participant 2 weeks ago. And yes, I am in the US.
Now there is some interesting information. How long were you enrolled before you got the update? Is the model Y a 22 vehicle or did you recently decide to opt in?

Thanks.

My assumption is that they enroll users as needed to get data in different geographic areas with different driving patterns so they can maximize their useful data set. I agree that from a development standpoint there’s not a lot of benefit to having more testers than necessary.

The problem comes when Elon tweets things like ‘anyone with a safety score over xx can get FSD beta’ or ‘FSD will be released in xx weeks’ when it’s really xx months. Statements like these just cause confusion, frustration and mistrust.

Reactions: retco
Are you subscribed to TeslaFi? Unlike last week, it appears that a grand total of three TeslaFi subscribers have had their cars newly updated with FSD Beta software builds.

The upgrade from 2021.36.5.6 was in Manitoba, Canada. The one from 2022.4.5 was a Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor in Connecticut. Haven’t found the third one yet (working on my iPad and need to get something else done today). But it appears that your addition is quite rare, and doesn’t (yet) support a conclusion that the program has opened back up very widely.

Attachments

• 1650821056001.png
    1650821056001.png
    131 KB · Views: 65
Now there is some interesting information. How long were you enrolled before you got the update? Is the model Y a 22 vehicle or did you recently decide to opt in?

Thanks.

I’ve been enrolled since they first made the option available. As I recall, last summer/fall sometime.
I actually stopped watching, and one day, the software update was the beta:)

Sadly, it is happening a few weeks before I sell the car :(

It is a 2020.

Do you actively participate in twitter?
No

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Are you subscribed to TeslaFi? Unlike last week, it appears that a grand total of three TeslaFi subscribers have had their cars newly updated with FSD Beta software builds.

The upgrade from 2021.36.5.6 was in Manitoba, Canada. The one from 2022.4.5 was a Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor in Connecticut. Haven’t found the third one yet (working on my iPad and need to get something else done today). But it appears that your addition is quite rare, and doesn’t (yet) support a conclusion that the program has opened back up very widely.
Certainly not, but it does certainly put a pin in the statement that ‘nobody in the US has received the update since December.’
And no, I don’t use TeslaFi or any other third party programs.