Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla still giving out the FSD beta to qualified drivers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Safety score has been working fine for me through all this brouhaha (well, except for scoring me lower than I deserve), except for right now-can’t pull up my safety score at all. Anyone successful right now?

I'm pretty familiar with the software development lifecycle, since that's what I did for 30 years. And no, beta access isn't always "invite only"; having people test your software for free is something companies typically really like. Obviously the practices of each company will vary, and I'm sure there are some "invite only" beta programs, but giant companies like Microsoft and Apple let anyone register to download beta versions of Office and Windows (Microsoft) and Mac OS (Apple).

That's not the problem. The problem is what Elon said. He said (originally) that everyone who'd pre-paid for FSD would automatically be enrolled in the beta program.

Except that didn't happen, because suddenly there's this "safety score" you have to meet. But don't worry: Elon says that everyone who scores 100-- initally-- will get the beta; then as time goes in it will be 99, 98, etc...

Except that didn't happen, because there are people here who've had a safety score of 100 for thousands of miles over many weeks or even months...and never got the beta.

It appears as though new enrollments in the program stopped sometime in late December of 2021. Even some people already in the program aren't getting updates.

Since then, nothing. Complete radio silence. Will new entrants ever be accepted again, or is 60K beta testers enough? Is Tesla simply busy with all those NHTSA things? Are they waiting for V11? NOBODY KNOWS.

And that's what we're complaining about. I paid for FSD when Obama was president. Tesla's had my money for more than 5 years. Yes, I think that should buy me a little consideration, although it seems that even though I got my computer and camera upgrade, Tesla is heavily favoring the newer cars.

Personally, I quit stressing about it. I opted out of the program and enjoy my car a lot more. Tesla could address all this frustration and angst with a couple of Elon tweets explaining what the f**k is going on, but honestly I think he enjoys this.
Wow… Love this post Great job

Question (subject to Elon whim and 51 different DMVs): Do you think FSD will graduate out of BETA in 2022? I paid for it, got the car in Dec, and expect to have no BETA access, based on the thousands of owners who are ahead of me in wait times, scores, etc.

It’s been four years, and automatic wipers are still in beta… So… No.
Very un
Question (subject to Elon whim and 51 different DMVs): Do you think FSD will graduate out of BETA in 2022? I paid for it, got the car in Dec, and expect to have no BETA access, based on the thousands of owners who are ahead of me in wait times, scores, etc.
All features like AP are still in Beta mode and have been for years.

It’s possible all will stay in beta until regulatory approval.

Very un

All features like AP are still in Beta mode and have been for years.

It’s possible all will stay in beta until regulatory approval.
Yeah, see, the problem is that auto wipers don‘t need any sort of regulatory approval…and they’re still in beta.

Perhaps someone here with the original MobilEye Autopilot™ is still shown as “beta” on their cars. I bet it is…

I just traded SR+ with fsd beta for Model S LR. I requested beta again right away. I got first update today and did not get beta. Safety score hovering around 98-99. From reading people's experiences and mine it seems it may be paused but we'll see.

Hey guys, just chiming in, I feel pretty scammed paying $200/mo to play this shitty video game with no reward.

That is all.
I couldn’t imagine my car without FSD and I don’t have the beta. 150-200 miles a day on multiple highways and freeways. It drives 95% of it for me including changing lanes on its own, taking exits, switching freeways, stoplights and stop signs in the city... the only thing I do is steer in the city.

If you’re only paying for city AP, or only drive like 20 miles a day and don’t use freeways, I could see it not being worth it. But for me, I’ll never drive another car.

Safety score has been working fine for me through all this brouhaha (well, except for scoring me lower than I deserve), except for right now-can’t pull up my safety score at all. Anyone successful right now?
Same problem. I was able to track my score until the morning of 3/25 when I safety score just disappeared. I can see my score on Teslascope, but there it says "Your safety score hasn't updated in more than two days. This typically means that you were accepted into the Full Self-Driving Beta and Tesla has paused safety data collection." Of course, I did not get accepted to FSD Beta since my score is 92 (yeah, I finally learned how system works - I was getting 99s and 100s until it went puff)

I couldn’t imagine my car without FSD and I don’t have the beta. 150-200 miles a day on multiple highways and freeways. It drives 95% of it for me including changing lanes on its own, taking exits, switching freeways, stoplights and stop signs in the city... the only thing I do is steer in the city.

If you’re only paying for city AP, or only drive like 20 miles a day and don’t use freeways, I could see it not being worth it. But for me, I’ll never drive another car.
My daily commute is only 8 miles each way, but I drive a couple hundred miles every weekend. I am absolutely sold on FSD, but damn am I sick of paying for part time!

Reactions: pilotSteve
I just traded SR+ with fsd beta for Model S LR. I requested beta again right away. I got first update today and did not get beta. Safety score hovering around 98-99. From reading people's experiences and mine it seems it may be paused but we'll see.
"May be paused"? Nobody's been added to the beta program since late December of last year. It's absolutely paused. Or stopped completely. Nobody really knows, because Tesla holds its customers in deep contempt and doesn't think the people who give it money deserve any information.

There were new additions as of last night, so indeed it was paused for almost exactly 3 months. It seems like the additions were for Canadian vehicles with 99+ scores, so there's hope for US vehicles to be added soon with FSD Beta 10.11.1.

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker Version 2022.4.5.20 2fa4471c Full Self Driving Beta Version 10.11.1
Yes, the Canadian FSD Beta is rolling out. I think this thread is mainly about the US FSD Beta new additions (or lack thereof) for qualified drivers.

As far as I can tell, there are still no new US BETA additions.

Short answer is no, not in the last week. Per the TeslaFi Firmware Tracker, the only FSD Beta version that's been installed in the last week is 2022.4.5.21 (10.11.2):

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 11.31.14 AM.png

And 2022.4.5.21 has only been installed on cars that already had FSD versions:

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 11.32.17 AM.png

Bottom line: for the last week, the answer is no. Tesla has not onboarded new FSD Beta drivers for at least a week. (Unless all of those newly onboarded drivers weren't visible to TeslaFi.)

Where did 100K number come from. Last I heard there were 60K beta testers in December 2021. No new US testers have been added since then. Did Tesla add 40K testers from Canada?

Reactions: ferventcoder