Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla viable for very high mileage delivery driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
His warranty and therefore access to loan vehicles will end after about 9 months. I can’t imagine that Tesla would cover the thousands of miles he would rack up whilst waiting for a new windscreen! He would have to have an alternative back up plan. This is what any commercial business would do anyway but we’re talking about a lone operator here, no doubt running his operation on a shoestring.

Once again, it may simply be a regional difference. We get loaners here, if they're available, whenever we bring the car in for repair. Paid or warranty. If it's a long repair and they don't have a loaner when you first drop it off, they let you know when they do have one available.

Yes, I have a 2014 model s, and it charges slowly! So I understand that issue.

As to the legality of it, that is a good question. I've never checked it out myself.

Interesting discussion!

I think it may be much better with that mileage to change his Tesla every 6 or 12 months to reduce depreciation, remove all maintenance including tyres. Of coure there is also ULEZ becoming extensive round the UK over next couple of years. I think its a no brainer providing he can get a bank loan to start the process.

Once again, it may simply be a regional difference. We get loaners here, if they're available, whenever we bring the car in for repair. Paid or warranty. If it's a long repair and they don't have a loaner when you first drop it off, they let you know when they do have one available.

Yes, I have a 2014 model s, and it charges slowly! So I understand that issue.

As to the legality of it, that is a good question. I've never checked it out myself.

Interesting discussion!
If the car is in for work paid or warranty then I would be expecting a loaner car like most manufacturers, I think Tesla probably would even provide Uber credit for out of warranty work (Not that Uber is great in the UK).

However if the car was out of warranty and broke down on the side of the road to be towed to Tesla by a third party then I am not confident that they would provide a loaner initially at the road side like they do if it is covered by their breakdown policy.