Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is textile interior nice with pearl white for MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so bear with me. Just placed an order for MX100D with basic interior which is the black textile. Does anybody have this configuration and how do they like it? Does it make the car feel cheap? Your feedback is welcome so I can make any changes before my 3 days is over.

I have it in my S and like it a lot. It does not look cheap at all. The materials are nice and the seats are not all fabric. There are leather accents.

That's reassuring. I felt the material on the small sample board they have at the Tesla shop but have not sat in one so I was kind of skeptical but it's a $3k saving.

I did an overnight test drive of both types and felt that the fake leather interior felt more appropriate for the value of the car. The textile is indeed very nice for a “fabric” interior but just didn’t feel right for the car to me.

So I've got a pearl white Model X with "textile" seats for over half a year now and it's alright. Though I am under impression that premium seats are different not only in leather, but in composition as well. What I mean with that is I feel premium version has cushier and more comfortable seats an I wish I would have gone full white now. Textile seats are great if you're going to do much cargo stuff as they seem to be more resilient.

Reactions: xyeahtony
Thank you for all the inputs. I am going to go with the black premium leather with dark headliner.

Okay, thats weird. you asked us for our opinion and basically everyone except one said textile is good but despite all that you're going to change your order.

Check out all the used teslas for sale, especially with black "premium" seats (its not leather). Basically every picture you see you'll see wrinkled seats that are worn out beyond anything else. No such problems with textile. If anything, at least the white premium hides the wear and tear better.

The only reason im getting white premium is because i want white seats, not because textile is crap. if i had to get black seats id get textile over black premium anyday, as the textile will last much longer.

Sorry for the dissent, but textile is beyond cheap and feels that way too. Also look down the road, if you plan on selling it the textile will get passed over the leather option. If you are going to spend on a MX, then spend on a MX.

yeah i have textile and i dont agree ;) Especially with that last comment, just because you spend extra money on something doesn't make it better.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
If I didn't have young kids, I felt the textile looked plenty nice and probably would have gone with it. I just know we're going to have a fair share of liquid spills and dumbassery which made the upgraded interior the choice.

Last edited: