TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is textile interior nice with pearl white for MX

Discussion in 'Model X' started by pchea, Aug 27, 2018.

1. pchea

pchea Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so bear with me. Just placed an order for MX100D with basic interior which is the black textile. Does anybody have this configuration and how do they like it? Does it make the car feel cheap? Your feedback is welcome so I can make any changes before my 3 days is over.

2. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

I have it in my S and like it a lot. It does not look cheap at all. The materials are nice and the seats are not all fabric. There are leather accents.

3. pchea

pchea Member

That's reassuring. I felt the material on the small sample board they have at the Tesla shop but have not sat in one so I was kind of skeptical but it's a $3k saving.

4. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

People who have it will say it is nice. People who doesn’t have it will say it is cheap. You might want to find one in person and see it. I rented one, absolutely hates how cheap it feels

5. Brave Ulysses

Brave Ulysses Member

I did an overnight test drive of both types and felt that the fake leather interior felt more appropriate for the value of the car. The textile is indeed very nice for a “fabric” interior but just didn’t feel right for the car to me.

6. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Also the textile seats don’t get as hot or cold

• Like x 1
  7. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Textile is not cheap and easy to keep clean. Despite what some people think, something doesn't have to cost extra for it to be high quality.

8. Jordaholic

Jordaholic Member

Sorry for the dissent, but textile is beyond cheap and feels that way too. Also look down the road, if you plan on selling it the textile will get passed over the leather option. If you are going to spend on a MX, then spend on a MX.

• Like x 1
  9. pchea

pchea Member

Thank you for all the inputs. I am going to go with the black premium leather with dark headliner.

10. Justin J. K.

Justin J. K. New Member

So I've got a pearl white Model X with "textile" seats for over half a year now and it's alright. Though I am under impression that premium seats are different not only in leather, but in composition as well. What I mean with that is I feel premium version has cushier and more comfortable seats an I wish I would have gone full white now. Textile seats are great if you're going to do much cargo stuff as they seem to be more resilient.

• Like x 1
  11. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

There is no real leather ...it’s vegan “leather” ..textile is not bad as most of the seat is covered in the vegan leather ..

• Informative x 1
  12. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Okay, thats weird. you asked us for our opinion and basically everyone except one said textile is good but despite all that you're going to change your order.

Check out all the used teslas for sale, especially with black "premium" seats (its not leather). Basically every picture you see you'll see wrinkled seats that are worn out beyond anything else. No such problems with textile. If anything, at least the white premium hides the wear and tear better.

The only reason im getting white premium is because i want white seats, not because textile is crap. if i had to get black seats id get textile over black premium anyday, as the textile will last much longer.

yeah i have textile and i dont agree ;) Especially with that last comment, just because you spend extra money on something doesn't make it better.

• Love x 1
  13. Butka

Butka Member

#13 Butka, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    If I didn't have young kids, I felt the textile looked plenty nice and probably would have gone with it. I just know we're going to have a fair share of liquid spills and dumbassery which made the upgraded interior the choice.