Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is that any possible Tesla would send the wrong part to the certified Tesla body shop or May the body shop lied to me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All magic paint shop in riverside county, after waiting for two months,today went for a replacement/rear bumpers,been told the bumper no sensor holes on it!asks the mechanic have this been happened before,he said no ,this first time meet this,I was thinking any possible tesla factory sent the wrong parts ,I think all rear bumpers all have that sensor holes,they may not return this parts back to Tesla due to they have paint in different colors,they may lie to customers?Thanks for any feedback if you have similar experience.

Questions for the OP (@Yuki Feng) :
- What is your car's birthdate (MM/YY), check driver door sticker?
- What part number did the body shop order?
- What part number did Tesla send them, stamped on the interior somewhere?
- Does your car have 0, 4 , or 6 parking sensor holes?
Is there any Tesla have 0 sensor ? I thought all have same amount sensor hole if they have parking sensor function

Upvote 0
Reactions: Yuki Feng
Upvote 0
Yes, the original Model S did not have sensors. Tesla is legendary for sucking it up in the parts department. When we had a minor deer strike on our MS (car was still driveable - just needed hood, front bumper, and front left fender) it took 5 months to get it done. At one point the hood sat at the Dallas Service Center for 3 weeks waiting for a shipping label to be created so it could be sent to the body shop.

So either Tesla shipped the bumper for a 2012-2014 MS or they didn't QA a new bumper that came off the line without holes cut in it.

Reactions: Yuki Feng
Upvote 0
Does the new bumper (without holes) have the parking sensor brackets plastic welded from the factory? If not, then it's most likely an AP0 bumper. If it does and there are no holes, then I agree it was a factory goof. We could go into the whole "when did Tesla add 4 or 6 parking sensors" all day long, but to the OPs needs, it's moot. He needs to ask the body shop which bumper they ordered and compare that to which bumper Tesla shipped. Look on epc.tesla.com (or get the free service subscription @ service.tesla.com) and look up/verify the part number yourself.

Upvote 0