Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the 2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance Combatible with 18" MSW Type 27T Wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't find anything smaller than 19" available from Tire Rack for my 2022 Model 3 Performance, so I ended up ordering TST 18" wheels from T Sportline. Placed the order Sunday and it shipped today (Tuesday) for delivery this Thursday. These will be winter wheels, so I ordered a package that included Michelin CrossClimate2 snow rated tires and Tesla Bluetooth TPMS.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I bought a set of 18's off of Tire Rack for my M3P.

Wheels: Flow One Race Spec F1
Color: Gloss Gunmetal
18x8.5
Offset: +30

IMG_0369.jpeg

I use them as my track wheels but they clear my calipers just fine.

Did you have to modify them at all or use a spacer/hub ring? Just curious if the stepped lip was an issue with these wheels?
No modifications. They came with some plastic hub rings. Bolted on without issue. It's weird that TireRack no longer shows them as compatible for the Performance; it works fine on my late 21 Performance.

I think the only thing you have to be mindful is the placement of the wheel weights. There's not a ton of space between the caliper and the wheel so if someone is using those chunky wheel weights, and theyre in the area of the caliper (and not say the edges), you couuuuuld run into an issue. That's about all I can think of though.

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 9.21.15 AM.png

IMG_0368.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and tm1v2
I'll second what @randmness is saying about wheel weight placement with 18" wheels over the M3P PUP brakes. The weights should be the thin kind, and even then they must not be placed in the path of the rear parking brake, and probably shouldn't be in the path of the front caliper either.

Make sure all four wheels are balanced that way, so you can rotate front<->back. I forgot to check this on my front wheels, and only noticed when I first tried rotating to the back - whoops, weights rubbed the parking brake. The tire shop fixed their mistake for free of course, but still time and hassle to go back for that.

• Helpful