Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the 4 week delivery time real time or Elon time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey kWh, we DID call Tesla yesterday to check on things. The rep said that all of our configuration info was complete and that we they didn’t need anything else from us. He said that we didn’t have a VIN assigned yet but thought we probably would this week. I’ll believe it when I see it but holding out hope!
Thanks for the feedback- I’ll be watching for the VIN.

I think Elon time only applies to things claimed to be coming in 6 months or more.
Its an issue with design and engineering, not with production execution.
Before people say, but Model 3 problem is production. I really *think* its installation of new production equipment. Its training new people to produce more. Not executing production.
Once Tesla knows how to build something, they can keep building it at a fairly predictable pace.
But Model 3 is still in ramp up, so there could be some bumps and bruises along the way.

Hey kWh, we DID call Tesla yesterday to check on things. The rep said that all of our configuration info was complete and that we they didn’t need anything else from us. He said that we didn’t have a VIN assigned yet but thought we probably would this week. I’ll believe it when I see it but holding out hope!
I’m in Austin. I configured on Jan 12. Blue with aeros. No VIN yet. Called my ISA on Friday and he said we should have one this week. I’m skeptical. About ready to change my delivery to Fremont and get a one way ticket out there.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J
Day 26 since configuration and still no VIN. Beginning to think Texas deliveries were hijacked. Too bad Elon sent that Roadster to Mars! Could use a car right now. Ok, back to work...and checking the Tesla website every other hour!!

I am going to call again today.

I gave them 10 days between calls. Time for another one. They said end of last week...nothing.

Not a rude or hurry up type call but one to make sure they know Texas exists as a state within the US still even though there has been numerous discussions about it seceding. :)

I am going to call again today.

I gave them 10 days between calls. Time for another one. They said end of last week...nothing.

Not a rude or hurry up type call but one to make sure they know Texas exists as a state within the US still even though there has been numerous discussions about it seceding. :)

Tell them if the cars don’t come soon we may turn the CA factory into another Alamo!!

Reactions: rsbell
Does it have anything to do with Texas’ laws with regards to Tesla?
I don't think so. Model S and X both sell well here and are regularly delivered to customers. The Southlake showroom (Dallas area) was one of the first six showrooms outside of California to get a Model 3 to display. So I am at a loss as to why no one here is getting VINs since so many of us configured four weeks ago.

• Informative
Reactions: Zythryn and Daldoc
On that note, it's worth remembering that TCEQ is supposed to meet April 2 to determine whether Tesla buyers continue to be cut out of the $2,500 state plug-in vehicle rebate. It's unlikely the start date will be before then, so maybe....just maybe....the wait might pay off.

On that note, it's worth remembering that TCEQ is supposed to meet April 2 to determine whether Tesla buyers continue to be cut out of the $2,500 state plug-in vehicle rebate. It's unlikely the start date will be before then, so maybe....just maybe....the wait might pay off.
If I had the option of taking delivery now or waiting and getting an extra $2,500 I'd probably take delivery. You're right, though, that if things work out that way it will be a nice little consolation for the waiting.

Don't recall if I have already posted ... From configuration to at the local center getting prepped was 16 days. Was supposed to pick up yesterday which would have been 20 days .. but I couldn't make it, rescheduled for 2/15.

that's in TN