Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the 4 week delivery time real time or Elon time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I'm reading if the car you spec'd is in your area already, delivery can be in a matter of days. Just read a post from someone who got surprised by a phone call from Tesla saying he could have it in 3 days and he had just configured recently and delivery was like 6 weeks. We just got our invite on 1st production and while it says 3-6 weeks being in California I'm sure it will be much sooner than that if it's already built. Probably waiting for AWD but I think people should be ready anytime.

From what I'm reading if the car you spec'd is in your area already, delivery can be in a matter of days. Just read a post from someone who got surprised by a phone call from Tesla saying he could have it in 3 days and he had just configured recently and delivery was like 6 weeks. We just got our invite on 1st production and while it says 3-6 weeks being in California I'm sure it will be much sooner than that if it's already built. Probably waiting for AWD but I think people should be ready anytime.
So you guys getting M3 too? What are you guys getting?
How's your MS treating you after almost a year.. =P

So you guys getting M3 too? What are you guys getting?
How's your MS treating you after almost a year.. =P

Yes we joined the line last August. We put a few thousand dollars last January into our 16-yr old ICE (AC/tires) and had hoped that was the last we'd have to put $s into it for a while. Especially after buying our MS. There's a few things not right with my ICE now, but at this point just hope it will last through this year. However as a result of fixing it last year, we didn't reserve our Model 3 until pretty late in 2017. And while we'll be back at the end of the AWD owners once again, I feel hopeful that factory issues will be behind them and I'll will be an AWD (LR) by end of year like my delivery estimate projects, so think we will Defer this go round. So tempting to have a 1st Production Model 3 right now though...and living close to the factory feel sure if we configured we'd have by next week. Agh! We'll talk about it tonight. Nice Valentine's Day surprise though.

As I recall you and I were waiting for our Model Ss at the same time and think we got them delivered pretty close together. Remember seeing your name on the spread sheet when I was monitoring deliveries. St. Patrick's Day for us. I love our S. We were the victims of vandalism (rear small window), got it uncorked, took it on a short trip and loved how it handled 7% grades, love the instant acceleration. Had it wrapped after delivery, which save the paint twice already. Thought I'd find the interior too stark but not at all. Didn't think I'd like a black interior but changed my mind about that too and will want it in our Model 3. We did have to have the charging port door replaced before driving it home but they handled it really promptly and other than that really no issues. They are going to replace the driver's seat as the perf leather on that side developed a really deep crease, other side is fine so go figure. A minor inconvenience that will be handled at our annual maintenance. We'd get ventilated leather on our Model 3 if it was offered.

BTW @spudnik187 our Model S was delivered within the window we were given. Our Model 3 1st production window was accurate too (originally Dec-Feb, then recently March-May). Just be ready for your paperwork, funding, home charging and lots of fun driving.

• Love
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Yes we joined the line last August. We put a few thousand dollars last January into our 16-yr old ICE (AC/tires) and had hoped that was the last we'd have to put $s into it for a while. Especially after buying our MS. There's a few things not right with my ICE now, but at this point just hope it will last through this year. However as a result of fixing it last year, we didn't reserve our Model 3 until pretty late in 2017. And while we'll be back at the end of the AWD owners once again, I feel hopeful that factory issues will be behind them and I'll will be an AWD (LR) by end of year like my delivery estimate projects, so think we will Defer this go round. So tempting to have a 1st Production Model 3 right now though...and living close to the factory feel sure if we configured we'd have by next week. Agh! We'll talk about it tonight. Nice Valentine's Day surprise though.

As I recall you and I were waiting for our Model Ss at the same time and think we got them delivered pretty close together. Remember seeing your name on the spread sheet when I was monitoring deliveries. St. Patrick's Day for us. I love our S. We were the victims of vandalism (rear small window), got it uncorked, took it on a short trip and loved how it handled 7% grades, love the instant acceleration. Had it wrapped after delivery, which save the paint twice already. Thought I'd find the interior too stark but not at all. Didn't think I'd like a black interior but changed my mind about that too and will want it in our Model 3. We did have to have the charging port door replaced before driving it home but they handled it really promptly and other than that really no issues. They are going to replace the driver's seat as the perf leather on that side developed a really deep crease, other side is fine so go figure. A minor inconvenience that will be handled at our annual maintenance. We'd get ventilated leather on our Model 3 if it was offered.

BTW @spudnik187 our Model S was delivered within the window we were given. Our Model 3 1st production window was accurate too (originally Dec-Feb, then recently March-May). Just be ready for your paperwork, funding, home charging and lots of fun driving.
Got a contract an hour or so after receiving the VIN. Now, just waiting for the option to initiate ACH from my account page.

Just got my phone call with a delivery date 3 1/2 weeks after I ordered. But since I want it delivered to my home, it will take a bit longer, and I'm still waiting for that date.

But if you just consider delivery date as when the car could have been picked up at the delivery center, then this is several days sooner than the 4 weeks they said when I placed my order.

We stood in line before the car was introduced and could have ordered back in November. We decided to confirm our order late Saturday and have a Wednesday pickup. :) The website said 3-6 weeks. We are located in So California and are current owners of an S. We really do not need the car until August but want to make sure we get the $7,500 tax credit. We also had a Vin as soon as we uploaded our information..

Reactions: GTKAZ
Configured first wk in Jan, picked up at SerCent in Sacramento second week. Paid cashier's check, which is basically cash, but we've been saving for months. We actually brought cash to make the down payment on our first S. It took the poor guy nearly a half hour to count out the $40,000. Things have changed.