TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is the 70 non-D now available in the design studio?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Galve2000, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

or is this a glitch?

2. freelancer

freelancer Member

Yes. it is available. Not a glitch.

3. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

If I had just ordered or taken delivery of a 70D that I didn't need tons of range on I'd be a little pissed.

That said my dream "summer vacation car" just dropped in price by $5,000.00

4. smilepak

smilepak Member

ill still buy the d over non d for the minimum price differences. The added range is priceless

5. freelancer

freelancer Member

Meh. It is what is it is. Nothing I can do about it. Taking delivery of a 70D in a week or so. Production completed 3 days ago. Honestly, I'd be in a bigger world of hurt feelings if I ordered the P85D and was taking delivery of that next week instead since I'd want the P90D with Ludicrous mode.

6. TSLARLTR

TSLARLTR Member

I would have taken the D over non-d as well. D functionality, I think, would be great in the snow!

7. spottyq

spottyq Member

It seems to only be available on the US website. The Belgian website hasn't been updated yet. (I haven't checked other countries.)

No you wouldn't — you'd get the ludicrous (+85->90kWh) update for 5000$ (+ labor I guess) instead of 13000$ as build to order !

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I am in the US and I can see the new S 70 model on the Tesla website. It's available.

9. travwill

travwill Member

If you have a D, enjoy the efficiency and speed boost, and potential future efficiency software upgrades.

The D version will also be much easier to resale in future as it opens up the bulk of the country in North that won't consider owning a RWD over an AWF in the snowy/icy regions. Most would take a FWD over a RWD car even.

10. TomServo

TomServo Member

Dam, with the $7500 federal tax credit a lightly optioned NEW S70 is only a few thousand dollars more than many CPO S85's.

I wonder if this will drive down CPO prices? This difference now makes me take pause on a CPO purchase vs a NEW S70.

I'm in no hurry and time will tell if CPO prices are impacted. This is a great time to be a buyer.