Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the black lower dash on 2020 white interiors a permanent change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have they officially stopped making the lower dash white on white interiors?

I did a search and it sounds like some people speculated that they were running into supply issues during peak COVID shutdown that led to the black lower dash and that some people were able to get it replaced with white when they complained.

I'm just curious if the lower dash being black on white interiors was temporary or if it's officially the new normal 2020 and beyond.

Mine came black when I picked it up June 19 way before covid. I made them put In writing before I accepted delivery to swap out to white free of charge which they completely agreed to without hassle and in about two weeks they swapped them. One thing to note at the time on the website it showed white lowers for both S & X. Now it shows on site white only on S and black on X. Not sure if that is the new norm now or not.

One thing to note at the time on the website it showed white lowers for both S & X. Now it shows on site white only on S and black on X.
For the X with white interior, the Tesla website still shows white lower dash for the non-performance version and black lower dash for the performance version. It’s been that way for quite awhile.

I have a cream interior, and often wish the lower dash (and console) were black. I like the cream seats, but don’t care for it on the dash.

In August 2019 I ordered a long range Mx, and when I went to take delivery I changed my mind before driving away, and asked for the performance. The long range had white and the performance had black. The nice part was I got to drive the long range until my performance was ready. Can’t tell you how happy I am having that extra power under my foot.

Reactions: Natalie 1