Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the color black the slowest in process?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the MY that comes with black exterior and interior the one that Tesla leaves for last?
I kinda feel like I rarely see blk|blk delivery.

My guess is that it’s not a common color combo? I’m not sure. Seems like White is the most common, then secondly is blue. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: PackMan730
I ordered the Black on Black and was told by a Tesla rep that color combo is the least ordered but I might get it sooner? Whatever that means lol
Black exterior, black interior, is a rare combination. I know, because that’s my exact combination. Therefore they have to get enough of them, together, to make a batch. Supposedly I’ll get mine before September 2. My soft delivery date is August 22, and my soft match is August 7 supposedly.

Upvote 0
I think back often came from Tesla with swirls and it was easily noticed. It’s wildly speculated that is why Tesla switch the free option from black to white, a lot of people would complain on the finish or reject the car.

I suspect people kinda stay away from ordering that now because of paint issues and also because they don’t want to deal with getting immediate paint correction at a detailer.

Upvote 0