Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the CPO 50,000 mile limited warranty any good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's one of the reasons that I went with a CPO. Some initial owners also purchased extended warranties which are also transferable. The extra 50K gives me piece of mind. Plus, you can ask about warranty claims to see what kind of issues the vehicle had.

It's one of the reasons that I went with a CPO. Some initial owners also purchased extended warranties which are also transferable. The extra 50K gives me piece of mind. Plus, you can ask about warranty claims to see what kind of issues the vehicle had.
We don't have that option in WA State unless something has happened in the last day or so.

My CPO warranty has been nearly identical to the new car warranty. The only points are what Tesla considers acceptable wear and tear on the car before you get it. My car had a few rock chips, some dents in the trim, and a tiny tear in the front passenger seat. All "live with it" items. Other stuff such as two scratches and seized mirrors that were replaced as part of "reconditioning" the car. All the non-"body" repairs have all been with the same warranty terms as the new car.

after taking delivery I had some issues that required me to bring the car back in to service

1.Condensation in rear trunk lights. service replaced complete unit with 2015 unit that is even better then the 13.
2. Rearview mirror would not dim when bright lights shine on them. Mirror replaced.
3. scratches on both front driver and passenger windows. also had dents in trim on drivers side door panel. tesla replaced both windows,trim and passenger door panel.
4. i wanted to have the P85 pedals on my S85. they ordered them for me and installed. I paid for this.
5. did the LTE upgrade. I paid, but they replaced the trim around 17 inch panel as there was dents in this as well
6. loose fender turn signal indicator. replaced this with a new one.
7. I asked if car could have the Fog Light Retrofit based on my Vin number. They installed fogs lights and programming for free . No charge.
8. had a P85 loaner for 1 week while all this was being done.
9. dash squeaks. installed pad under dash and reattached. no more noise.

wash wax and detail when picked up...tire and safety check noted...updated software. installed new 12 volt battery...per diagnostic notification.
also checked main battery pack and drive unit. And installed my Tesla center console.

I was speechless

Love my CPO Tesla and its warranty

I pointed out some of the dents and showed how they were missed when i picked up car. i showed how they effect the Tesla experience for me. I also asked for a replacement steering wheel as it had scratches in the leather which for some reason I did not notice. They said no to the steering wheel. I still have a bigger issue as I was told the car had memory seats and driver profiles which after picking my car up it did not. I still plan on going higher regarding this issue as Tesla has since changed its advertising for the tech package on its web site. But yes Service is a pleasure to work with. I named my car Aerocar after the Jetsons show. Tesla employee gave me a web site to down load a jetsons ring tone....Cant say enough about them. And i had a full charge. I hope thats standard.

Same here.

Bought CPO in mid-2015 and have received better service and consideration than any other vehicle we've ever owned.
Tremendous.

See here for examples of the experience:
Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live - Page 234

I hope this is the case. I have an appointment next week to bring mine in for a list of items that need to be corrected. The local service center was somewhat surprised with the number of items to be corrected on my car. They said that they will probably need it for 3 days to get everything taken care of. And I picked mine up in Fremont.

I've been reading though but thought others may have picked out the big concerns already?

https://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf

Thinking I am a little less interested in buying a 2 year old Tesla via PP with 25,000 miles and only 25,00 left on original warranty but 4 years from Tesla could be good?

You are mis-reading the warranty terms:

When Does the Warranty Period Begin and End?

This Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty begins on the first day and at the mileage a Pre-Owned Vehicle is delivered to the first Pre-Owned purchaser.

So a vehicle with 25,000 miles would have coverage until 75,000 miles!

You are mis-reading the warranty terms:

When Does the Warranty Period Begin and End?

This Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty begins on the first day and at the mileage a Pre-Owned Vehicle is delivered to the first Pre-Owned purchaser.

So a vehicle with 25,000 miles would have coverage until 75,000 miles!

In WA state they don't let you buy an extended warranty (for some reason - probably BS politics) so if I'm looking to buy used in WA then private party may not make sense because I know that unless the owner moved here from out of state and let's say it is 2 years old with 25,000 miles then I know that I'll only have 2 years and 25,000 miles left on the warranty. If I buy CPO in WA state then I can get 50,000 miles of warranty.