Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the driver side mirror still a problem

JonB65

Oct 8, 2020
Maryland
I am scheduled for delivery on March 5. VIN is 125xxx. Is the driver's side mirror still not fully able to adjust? When I did my test drive I found that I could not raise the viewing angle up enough. I didn't think to check the VIN, so not sure how recent the car was made. I have seen the thread on how to clip the internal tabs out of the way to allow full adjustment, but was hoping that would not have to be my path.

73Bruin

Nov 7, 2020
Torrance, CA
I have a 12/10/2020 manufacture date on my 2021 MY and I hate the rear view vision in the MY. IMHO, both of the outbound 3 mirrors are inadequate (and I am 5'7"). I have always been able to position my car's review view mirrors to not have a blind spot. I could even pick up a low slung Lotus on either side. Sadly this is no longer the case. I find the interior review mirror useless at night.

laservet

Mar 9, 2020
Williamsburg, Virginia
My rear view mirrors seem no different than those of the BMW I traded in. Delivery end of June 2020. I can adjust to see the side of the car outward, ground to sky, with plenty of room to over adjust in all four directions. Maybe seating position is a factor, I’m 6’2”.

kashian

Jan 4, 2021
San Diego
You won't have to clip the tabs, if you end up having that issue. The service center is well aware of it and will take care of the problem for you.

JonB65

Oct 8, 2020
Maryland
Following up. Picked up today with VIN 125xxx. The driver's mirror is NOT a problem.

And the rest of the car was pretty much flawless. A bit of condensation in the taillights and the upper right corner weather stripping in the rear hatch needed tucked in. Everything else was pretty much perfect to my untrained eye.

• Helpful
Reactions: srlawren

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC