Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the driver side mirror still a problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am scheduled for delivery on March 5. VIN is 125xxx. Is the driver's side mirror still not fully able to adjust? When I did my test drive I found that I could not raise the viewing angle up enough. I didn't think to check the VIN, so not sure how recent the car was made. I have seen the thread on how to clip the internal tabs out of the way to allow full adjustment, but was hoping that would not have to be my path.

I have a 12/10/2020 manufacture date on my 2021 MY and I hate the rear view vision in the MY. IMHO, both of the outbound 3 mirrors are inadequate (and I am 5'7"). I have always been able to position my car's review view mirrors to not have a blind spot. I could even pick up a low slung Lotus on either side. Sadly this is no longer the case. I find the interior review mirror useless at night.

My rear view mirrors seem no different than those of the BMW I traded in. Delivery end of June 2020. I can adjust to see the side of the car outward, ground to sky, with plenty of room to over adjust in all four directions. Maybe seating position is a factor, I’m 6’2”.

Following up. Picked up today with VIN 125xxx. The driver's mirror is NOT a problem.

And the rest of the car was pretty much flawless. A bit of condensation in the taillights and the upper right corner weather stripping in the rear hatch needed tucked in. Everything else was pretty much perfect to my untrained eye.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung