Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the energy app trustworthy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my 2016 75D my wh/mi seem all over the place. In my most recent drive the average reading for the last 30 miles was 288 Wh/mi, which I know is incorrect. I'm not a speed demon and rarely go over 70 on the freeway but 288 in an X just seems very farfetched. Has anybody else experienced the randomness of the energy app?

It all depends on how you drive and the road conditions over those 30 miles. If the next 288 miles are similar, then you should expect that range. If you were driving downhill over those 30 miles and won’t be for the next 200 or so, then no.

In my 2016 75D my wh/mi seem all over the place. In my most recent drive the average reading for the last 30 miles was 288 Wh/mi, which I know is incorrect. I'm not a speed demon and rarely go over 70 on the freeway but 288 in an X just seems very farfetched. Has anybody else experienced the randomness of the energy app?
2016 X as well. This is the time of year where the temperatures are ideal for you best posted averages. I have seen 288 in 60 to 70 degree temperatures. Over 70,000 miles I am averaging 340 Wh/mi. Wind, road conditions, and temps are the largest factors. If all three align, you absolutely can hit that number.