Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Favorites radio station working well for anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to hear how the Favorites streaming radio station is working for others. My understanding was that the station works by looking at all the songs you have thumbed up, and building out a playlist that contains those songs as well as others it thinks are related. Within a week or two of delivery, I sat in my car with my Spotify playlist and manually searched for each song so I could thumb it up (it seemed to thumb up songs automatically if I searched for them directly). I was expecting a pretty diverse station to come out of that, but in practice the Favorites station only seems to want to key off a couple of songs. Has anyone figured out a way to tune this better?

As an aside, apparently someone had accidentally thumbed up a Rage Against the Machine track, which the station chose to key off of. So for weeks, until it randomly played that exact song again so I could thumb it down, my car was playing a LOT of angry music at me :p

I'm finding it pretty good so far. For awhile, I had it on the 80's, 90's, and Today station but got fed up really quickly with how repetitive it is. No matter what my 10 year old thinks, there's only so many times I can listen to "The Middle" by Zedd. o_O