Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the free ludicrous upgrade for current owners still in effect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd think "yes".

I could be wrong but from what I have read so far, used cars even through Teslas are not eligible for Free Ludi upgrade.

I think I also saw from Elektrek comment that someone who bought 75D new could not get the free ludi upgrade. Not sure about the authenticity of those comments but you everyone should check with Tesla before the trigger.

I am very tempted with this free ludicrous once my Model S lease is done late this year. I got 75D (originally 60D), and I hope I am eligible and this thing is still in effect.

I could be wrong but from what I have read so far, used cars even through Teslas are not eligible for Free Ludi upgrade.

I think I also saw from Elektrek comment that someone who bought 75D new could not get the free ludi upgrade. Not sure about the authenticity of those comments but you everyone should check with Tesla before the trigger.

I am very tempted with this free ludicrous once my Model S lease is done late this year. I got 75D (originally 60D), and I hope I am eligible and this thing is still in effect.

That's not what I was replying to. They asked if they could buy a used Tesla, and then (as an owner) buy a new one and get free Ludicrous. I'd say "yes" to that (since they'd be an owner; doesn't matter how).

Reactions: Saxgod
That's not what I was replying to. They asked if they could buy a used Tesla, and then (as an owner) buy a new one and get free Ludicrous. I'd say "yes" to that (since they'd be an owner; doesn't matter how).

As far as I know, I heard that they cannot get the free Ludicrous upgrade if they did not get the car from the customzing screen (brand new) car in the first place, or possibly "new" inventory car. I saw numerous posts where "used" Teslas owners (the buyer being the 2nd owner to that used car) were not eligible for the Ludi upgrade. The bottomline is that even if the performance model one will buy is new, because he bought the used tesla in the first place, he is ineligible (according to posts I have read).

Heck I even saw one new 75D owner(I think it was Elektrek comments) was not eligible for Free Ludi even he buys 2nd Model S Performance because one sales rep said it was not "new PERFORMANCE model." For that, I think the sales rep is wrong.

Well, YMMV. Tesla is a mess when it comes to logistics. Best way is to contact Tesla to remove the ambiguity.

As far as I know, I heard that they cannot get the free Ludicrous upgrade if they did not get the car from the customzing screen (brand new) car in the first place, or possibly "new" inventory car. I saw numerous posts where "used" Teslas owners (the buyer being the 2nd owner to that used car) were not eligible for the Ludi upgrade. The bottomline is that even if the performance model one will buy is new, because he bought the used tesla in the first place, he is ineligible (according to posts I have read).

Heck I even saw one new 75D owner(I think it was Elektrek comments) was not eligible for Free Ludi even he buys 2nd Model S Performance because one sales rep said it was not "new PERFORMANCE model." For that, I think the sales rep is wrong.

Well, YMMV. Tesla is a mess when it comes to logistics. Best way is to contact Tesla to remove the ambiguity.

Could you kindly link us to any of these posts? I was told by a Tesla sales agent that if I was to buy a used Tesla I would be eligible for the luda.

I ordered P100DL the end of April(no VIN yet, east coast). In talking to the delivery center folks they informed me that the free ludicrous upgrade was not available to me but my point of contact during the sales process thought it was. I currently own a P85DL that I bought used from Tesla CPO. In my order details under payment method there is currently a -20k price adjustment however so it does not appear the free ludicrous deal has been denied yet. YMMV

Reactions: Alex310
Anyone know if this is still available? Haven't seen anything that says it has ended and just wondering. Might upgrade our X to a P if it is available still.
Picked up my new PX100D the last day of the quarter, and yes, it is/was still free for current S or X owners. Since the quarter has ended, I would expect this promotion to silently end similar to free supercharging for inventory cars ended.

Picked up my new PX100D the last day of the quarter, and yes, it is/was still free for current S or X owners. Since the quarter has ended, I would expect this promotion to silently end similar to free supercharging for inventory cars ended.

Yeah could be that is why I am checking. Unfortunately I might end up with a Tesla credit for a PowerWall that cannot be installed at my house and was going to use that as well as the $20k free Ludicrous Mode as an excuse to upgrade my wife to a Model XP. I will post back when I hear from Tesla on this, but if anyone has any other information I would like to know.