Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the FSD price increase going to happen.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9279395B-2CA8-44F4-8675-3769B6EAC9B7.jpeg

I believe that people are foolish to judge Elon by what he tweets. Believe that is just a stream of consciousness that is conversational. It is not intended by the tweeter to be anything more than just a summary of how he thinks things will be going. Lots of factors between a tweet and bringing it to actuality.

Better to judge a person by what they have done. While Elon has not accomplished every detail that he has tweeted, few can deny that his accomplishments are among the greats.

Bring out Roadster. Production and proof of concept.
Bring out Model S and ramp to mass production
Bring out Model X. One of the most amazing vehicles available today. Ramp to mass production.
Bring out Model 3 and ramp to become the best selling (by $) EV in the universe.
Build Giga factory and produce more Li EV batteries than the rest of the world combined.
Build first Gigafactory in China. First whole owned factory in China.
Developed and launched the first reusable orbital rockets. reduced the cost of putting a lb. of payload into orbit below any other launcher in the world.
Inspired and led the way to produce the first full scale Hyperloop to operate at speed.
Drilled the first boring tunnels at costs far below ever before possible.

Some may disagree with some of these accomplishments, but he still ranks with some of the best of all time.
There are other accomplishments I did not think of off the top of my head, but others may feel free to add to the list.

A tweet is just a tweet. Hard to hold someone to a tweet.

Kind of tired of hearing people whine...but he PROMISED!

WOW!!!

Only one response to this:
upload_2019-8-21_10-14-52.jpeg

So why announce a price increase? Especially with the history of delays enhanced summon has had. It's not like he didn't also say "it almost doesn't suck" within the same general time period.

The obvious answer to the price hike tweet is a cash grab. But,. how many people really have $6K sitting around to upgrade from Basic AP to FSD?

I think advance knowledge of an impending price increase is a more powerful psychological motivator than you’re acknowledging. By this point Tesla should have plenty of data as to its effectiveness - and they keep doing it, so it must be working.