Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the heat pump toasty in very cold weather?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MY-Y

Mar 4, 2020
MD
"I did notice that it didn't feel 70 in the car" was iTesla's comment about the cold portion of his 1000 mile run last week when asked "At what temperature did you notice the heat pump not keeping the interior of the car warm? I'm in Minnesota and It has to work in pretty cold temps here."

It would be great if someone could measure the duct temperature when it is very cold outside. Even a subjective "it blows hot air" would be good to know. We are running out of time to learn this before summer.

I like the idea of an efficient heater. I like the idea of a toasty-warm heater even more.

Still trying to figure out if a M3 would be better for me. Heater performance in the winter may tip the scales.

M3: Better rear visibility, better range (maybe not in the winter), faster, better cornering
MY: Better seating position, better front and side visibility, better rear seat comfort, easier entry/exit

I have a truck and minivan for trips, the car would be mostly for local trips and daily commuting.

Reactions: preilly44