Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is The Jumping Model 3 Real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's How Fast That Jumping Tesla Was Traveling

If so......insane. EVs have a lot of uphill torque, careful people!

"Be Careful"??

Really?

This falls more under the category of "don't be a felonious reckless dumbass".

This wasn't some guy who just made some innocent mistake. He was being reckless trying to impress a female passenger in the car and was estimated to be doing over 100mph when he hit the RR tracks and went airborne.

He crashed into an elementary school parking lot immediately after this was caught on camera. He could have killed or maimed a bunch of kids. I hope they lock his ass up for a while and take his stuff.

Does anyone know from a news article or other source as to why the driver was doing that?

Sure there is an likely assumption that he was just being stupid.

But, there are other possibilities as well like unintended acceleration because of hitting the wrong pedal.

As an owner I can't imagine wanting to go over any railroad track at anything more than a slow speed because of concern of damaging the suspension.

Maybe I'm a bit too cautious as I slow down for metal platting that construction workers temporarily use. In general I try to keep my car on the ground.

*giggle*

Won't someone please think about the elementary school children who are at school at 8:30 at night?
i was JUST thinking the same thing.

The main thing that really bugged me was the reporters constantly mentioning TESLA TESLA TESLA!!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with Tesla... just that people need to slow the f**k down going over the railways crossing.

Reactions: Pkmmte and hcsharp
A14EF238-D2F8-4EE5-8DB7-37F7F460E1BE.jpeg

Night activities are normal for an elementary school. But 8:30 at night is past an elementary school child's bedtime.....
Lets see. you presented 4 events as your evidence.

The first event was not located at a school.
The second event was a creepy father/daughter dance.
The third and fourth events were open houses which is for parents, not students.

And I still say 8:30 is past the bedtime for an elementary school student.

I realize you’re in California, the source of all wisdom but apparently my local school board doesn’t give a crap what you think. scouts meeting from 7-8 pm next week at our nearby elementary school. Those events often run over and people linger in the parking lot (you know, where this guy crashed) for quite a while after the event wraps up to talk and what not.

If the crash happened at midnight you might have a point, but 830pm is not that late for older elementary school kids. Additionally some elementary schools have K-6 and others have K-8. For older kids in either case 830 is not that late.

You also apparently don’t comprehend that many school districts share facilities so, for example, you could have high school age kids having a meeting or event at an elementary school if those facilities will work.

You declaring authoritatively that 830pm is too late does not in fact make it so.

What is true is that schools are places where people congregate which is why this act of recklessness is even worse. There could be kids out there, that’s not that late, and if he’d mowed down a bunch of kids with his stunt it would have been horrible.

By all means though don’t let this go, please do go on and have the last word in this matter. You’ve earned it Sport.

The third and fourth events were open houses which is for parents, not students.

That’s all that could fit on my screen. Keep digging that hole.

This happened not too far away from me. It was definitely a Model S. Pretty sure it was an older nosecone style S. 46 year old man charged. He had two passengers. Everyone sustained minor injuries.

That specific railroad crossing has a history due to the incline leading up to it. Many folks profess to trying to get their cars airborne there, although not nearly to the extent this driver did.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: voip-ninja

The exact time of day is not the point. This a**hole's recklessness could have happened an hour earlier or 12 hours earlier. Taking a car airborne on any public road endangers people, no matter what time of day. Starting off your response with "giggle" upsets people who take this seriously.