TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is the media against Musk OR Musk against them?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by jammybritton27, Jul 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jammybritton27

Elon Musk has been in the news recently for all the wrong reasons. His involvement with the Thai cave rescue effort has been a topic of debate, and many interwoven allegations rose over the last week. Was Musk’s commitment just a PR stunt? Did his ‘expensive toy’ render any value to rescue operations? Did he bash the rescuers?
    See the full picture before bashing Elon Musk | AlphaStreet

2. TexasTeslaRacing

Recently it’s been from both sides. Musk doesn’t like phonies or hypocrites.

3. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

Neither.

The media is using the attention surrounding Musk to get more clicks. I swear every day there is an article about Tesla/Musk/etc on either Arstechnica, Wired, TheVerge, etc.

Sometimes it's completely anti-musk like a recent article on Wired saying he had the worlds worst fan base. Of course the author didn't take into account that anyone with 22 million twitter followers is going to have some truly awful supporters.

Today it was rather refreshing since at least one news site did an article about ignoring the noise around Musk, and focus on the cars themselves.

• Like x 1
  4. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

Saw this today:

Why Elon Musk isn't the hero we imagined

Headline is click-baitey but the actually content is surprisingly fair.

Sidenote: Might want to add quotes around your text. I thought this was a thread generally around media coverage, I didn't realize the content was just quoted out of the linked article.

5. alset92977

alset92977 Member

I am guessing that big oil is doing everything it can to destroy Tesla. Big oil has lots of $, and also lots of politicians 'on the take'. It is going to be hard to break through this. I have confidence in EM. He is going in the right direction. His innovations will help save the planet. I wish there were more like him.

6. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

Yes, I think it's something along the lines of "ThankYouForPolluting"

meets

the Chanos gang tries to rerun their Fairfax playbook

Elon Musk vs. Short sellers