Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the "new" one-click voice control code ever getting completed ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly I am not the ony one who is experiencing bugs that still remain in the voice control:
  • One-tap to activate always activates, however the servers might not be able to respond to you (this one may not be an easy fix esp. during "rush hours")
  • The second tap is supposed to stop the listening, and send your voice recording up to the servers to process. But it does not always work. If you press the 2nd tap before any words appear on screen, you are almost always going into the timeout penalty box, and nothing will be recognized.
  • If you wait to see words appear, then you press second tap, you might get the system to stop listening, sometimes.
  • If no words ever appear, you will probably just time out and get no results. In busy times, this is frequent.
  • If words appear, good luck getting it to figure out what you want...

Surely I'm not the only one shouting at the voice controls, or considering going for the cell phone instead ? But on weekends and late at night, it seems to dramatically improve... so I am guessing some of it is server bandwidth back at the mothership.

But bottom line: do the"new" one/two click activation routines (not really new anymore) still have bugs, or is my car physically defective ?

One last related thought, moving the cellphone "hang up" button to the scroll wheel ... instead of closing the roof (something you need to do in a Model S to have a phone call, unfortunately) HANGS UP your call instead of closing the roof !!! I still do this by accident months later. Why can't the hang-up button instead be the Voice control button as it can do nothing while your on a call anyway, and it's related to the activity, and... so close to perfect, hehe