Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the "order payment" for a NEW inventory car refundable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's refundable for a new custom car. I was told by my advisor that even the used car 'order payment' was refundable but turns out it actually isn't.

It doesn't say refundable anywhere when you click on an inventory car. Since nobody from Tesla seems reliable when answering a question, I'm asking you guys.

I know it's refundable for a new custom car. I was told by my advisor that even the used car 'order payment' was refundable but turns out it actually isn't.

It doesn't say refundable anywhere when you click on an inventory car. Since nobody from Tesla seems reliable when answering a question, I'm asking you guys.

I just bought an inventory car (2019 S 100D) a couple weeks ago, and I clipped the following out of the Terms and Conditions document -

If you are purchasing a Vehicle from our inventory that is not custom ordered by you, we will, after you submit your completed order, begin the process of preparing and coordinating your Vehicle delivery. Until your Vehicle is delivered to you, you may cancel your order at any time, in which case you will receive a full refund of your Order Payment. Until your Custom Ordered Vehicle enters into production or is matched to a vehicle, as applicable, you may make changes to your Vehicle Configuration.

I also cancelled an inventory order just a few days before I finalized the Model S order, and the refund was processed and paid in 2 days!

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden